⋆ PhanaticMC Realms Guide | Information ⋆

Discussion in 'Realms' started by Whiist, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Whiist

Whiist ⚡ Admin ⚡ Staff Member

Click images to enlarge them
    - Index list -
    ⋆ Server purchase [✔]
    ⋆ Server setup [✔]
    ⋆ Understanding your server basics [✔]
    ⋆ Understanding configuration for plugins & plugin installation
    ⋆ How to set up permissions per user | Globally
    ⋆ Setting up a Database for certain plugins [✔]
    ⋆ Uploading | Downloading maps onto your Realms

Ones without ticks will be updated/added in the future.

➣ Purchasing a PhanaticMC Realms
    To purchase a Realm use the link provided below to be re-directed to the buycraft store of PhanaticMC.
    Buy here
    [​IMG]
    Once you have chosen your realm purchase, head to the checkout to finalise the purchase.

You also have an option to purchase RAM for your server -
    [​IMG]
    Currently you do not need to worry about this as we will cover this later on in the post to explain when & why it can be needed.

➣ Setting up your PhanaticMC Realm
    Once you have made your purchase of your realm, You will then have access to the command
    Code:
    /bluestart
    in game. Use this command to then be linked
    [​IMG]
    to your server management page where you will control/edit your whole server.

Once you have clicked the link you will then be displayed with an interface like the following

[​IMG]
    You must NOT share your link otherwise others can simply gain access to your server!

➣ Understanding the basic management interface
    Button management
    [​IMG]
    Start is possibly the most obvious button on there, this will start your Realms server up!

[​IMG]
    Stop is also another obvious one, this will stop your server safely without the loss of data. This should also be use when you want to install a new plugin/update a config for plugin rather than using the use of /reload as this can also cause damage to your server.
    [​IMG]
    Kill, a less obvious button but you can somewhat guess what this does. This will instantly kill the server if you for some reason cannot shut the server down with the stop button. This should only be used as a last resort due to the fact it can cause a possible chance of corrupt data/Loss of data on your server.
    -
    Below you will see a labeled number image of your interface, each number is linked to an option that can be found below!
    [​IMG]

1. Here you can rename your realms to what you wish (Keep it appropriate/reasonable or you maybe asked to change it) This is what you will use when you do
      Code:
      /connect <name>
    2. Overview is the main page you're currently seeing, here you will turn your server on/off. You can also monitor your player count, CPU & RAM usage.
    3. Logs/Console is what your server is currently outputting (Commands people are/have used, what plugins maybe currently doing, and what people are saying can all be seen from here. This is also where you will OP yourself later on when we get to that.
    4. Config is where you will edit ALL of your plugins configs & also enable/disable plugins. This is the brains of your server and the most important part!
    5. Permissions is where you will set it up so people can only have access to certain commands or all commands. This is where you have freedom and can control what they can and can't do.
    6. Databases will be used for certain plugins such as prism (Grief lookup tool) We will get to this later on in the thread.
    7. This is where you can install your server upgrades (RAM upgrades)
    8. Maps is where you will upload/download your server maps/Other user maps if they set them public!

➣ How to set up permissions per user & Globally
    To be added soon

➣ How to set up prism for your server with a database.
    First of all, enable your prism in config and start your server up;
    It should look something like this;
    [​IMG]
    Once this config has generated you're half way there, the other part is to link your prism config to your mysql Database
    Look for the following below in your config as this is what we'll need to fill out for it to work.
    Code:
      mysql:
        hostname:
        username:
        password:
        database:
        prefix: prism_
        port: '3000'
    Next head to the Databases page found on your realms webpage, You'll then need to click Create Database
    to generate a fresh one for prism.
    [​IMG]
    After your Database is generated you'll have something similar, each number that is labeled on the image below will also match the numbers that i've labled also on the config image. Match them up, save and restart your realms to have a working prism plugin.
    [​IMG]
    1. Hostname
    2. 'Port' (Should be fine as default 3000)
    3. Username
    4. Password
    5. Database

Plugins for Realms can be suggested from the link provided below.
    Suggest here

If anyone can make a video tutorial with voice instructions on how to set up global | per user permissions that would be greatly appreciated <3

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. saintjayman

saintjayman Moderator/Build Manager Staff Member

Wow helpful thread nice job :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. xXFrozenDragonXx

xXFrozenDragonXx SuperMod

I spent almost a month to figure out how realm works....but this will help people to set up their own realm easily noww. I like itt!!

4. azoz800

azoz800 Active Member

Looks really cool! Now I also want a realm, but do you pay once and then u have it or do u need to pay each month for it?

5. Whiist

Whiist ⚡ Admin ⚡ Staff Member

Monthly

6. azoz800

azoz800 Active Member

Thats a shame, what will happen if u buy it for a month, then forget to pay and buy it again the month after? Do you keep all ur files and stuff or do you lose everything?

7. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

paypal sets up automatic payment which you can choose to cancel at any time. If you cancel it your server will just be disabled until it is re-enabled

The reason for a monthly cost is that unlike ranks, more server resources are used the more people that buy realms. So it is buying something that cant be ignored if you get what I mean. You buy a rank and it wouldnt matter if you had it or not, but if you buy a realm you are using cpu and ram that cannot be ignored and is used up. So eventually there will be a limit that I will reach. The machine hosting realms is super powerful, probably one of the most powerful servers you can buy, it has 256 gb of ram and 16 cores 32 with HT which is expensive to rent monthly.Hope that makes sense

8. SenpaiJak

SenpaiJak Active Member

That prism guide woulda been useful about 3 weeks ago :p

9. Autism

Autism Member

do we have ftp access of some sort or

10. Late_Knights

Late_Knights ☬RIVI STAFF☬ Staff Member

no... but did you even read the main info first? if you want plugin added you can suggest them or you will be using an web interface, where you can change perm and such.

11. azoz800

azoz800 Active Member

Thanks Josh, I know it costs a lot of money to hire the requirements for realms but I just wanted to know it sure. And I said, Thats a shame, because I dont have the money to but it monthly :p

12. boboreo

boboreo Well-Known Member

Wow that's a shit ton of ram for a server with only survival XD

13. ImNotHereAnymore

ImNotHereAnymore

You realise this is spread over all the realms and you can have more than just survival?

14. boboreo

boboreo Well-Known Member

Ah ok I see

15. marinesquirel

marinesquirel Active Member

Those chips aren't cheap either. Only 40 fits on a silicone wafer, and of those 40 only 20 or so (If we're lucky) will work.

16. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Member

I understand that you added the lifetime option, so when you buy that you wont have to pay ever again, correct?

17. Late_Knights

Late_Knights ☬RIVI STAFF☬ Staff Member

lifetime mean forever. so no you won't have to pay again.

18. TcTheTurtle

TcTheTurtle Active Member

I really need help with making permissions for certain people, currently i dont know how. Please update it soon

19. White_Mage

White_Mage Member

You can add permissions to a certain user or a group with a permissions plugin such as PermissionsEx. You can search up a tutorial on how to use it. It's quite easy if you ask me, all you need to do to add permissions is you need a group first. When people first join, their group should be default or member. To add permissions to their group, you can do /pex group default add essentials.signs.use which should allow them to be able to right click signs that say [Sell] or [Buy] which requires essentials obviously. Here is a PermissionsEx guide: https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Commands
    and certain plugins will have different permission nodes. "essentials.signs.use" is a permission node for the plugin essentials. You can always look up permission nodes of the plugin on google.
    Hope this helped =)

20. TcTheTurtle

TcTheTurtle Active Member

Ik how to do that, but on the permissions tab i want to do it on there bc or else i have to make all of the groups again. Plus it will take a long time lel