A Helpful Idea...

Discussion in 'SkyGrid' started by odog4309, Jun 18, 2017.

1. odog4309

odog4309 Active Member

Recently, I have dedicated my warp on skygrid to the betterment of beginners experience, by creating a cow grinder that can supply struggling players with free food. Many of the beginners don't yet understand the currency system on the server or how shops work, so I have made the food chests public, bringing food from the grinder in with no problem.

I love this idea and I would like to keep it growing and expand it, however, despite my constant reminders to "take only what you need", certain users will come to the warp and take all of the meat and leather to sell and make money.

I have been wondering if there is possibly a component that could be added to ban certain players from your /warp, in order to keep away the users I have scamming the free spawner.

I would appreciate some feedback and explanation!

Thanks a bunch,
    Odogonmc

2. Whiist

Whiist ‚ú®Administrator‚ú® Staff Member

Maybe that's what they need

3. odog4309

odog4309 Active Member

I appreciate your words of wisdom darling

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TcTheMystery

TcTheMystery Active Member

Isn't this a suggestion? Lol

5. odog4309

odog4309 Active Member

I suppose so thanks ill repost.

6. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

a few things

even if the plugin were reworked to allow this, staff would have to police it. constantly checking who took how much creating a headache for them. secondly, tons of other grinders that are public with no limits so they could go there. Then who is to decide what "they need?". A simple push button dispenser with a signal pulse extender to force say a 3 or 4 second delay between dispensing one piece of meat would slow down the amount ppl could get solving this non issue.

I dont like the idea of public grinders because of the reason any more. too mamy ppl dont learn how to rely on their self and become dependant on other warps for supplies and never learn amything. I have never seen so much arguing and fighting at public warps like we have already. it has dramatically affected the game to the negative. For 20 minutes the other day all ppl did was bitch and cuss eacb other out because they werent sharing grinders and hogging "their drops"

• Cookie Cookie x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mamma_Otta

Mamma_Otta Member

either live with it or walk the extra mile and build a colldown redstone dispenser to limit the consuption of items over time