Acidisland

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EndangeredAnimal, Jan 27, 2019.

1. EndangeredAnimal

EndangeredAnimal New Member

I suggest that there should be a little more variety in terms of skyblock/survival/skygrid type games. What I mean is that maybe Phan could add "Acidisland".

Acidisland is somewhat like skyblock and skygrid in that you have your own island with levels and challenges and such but is also mixed with a little bit of raiding other islands (Slightly like factions). As the name suggests, if you touch water it starts taking away your health. I think we need this because many of the games on this server have the same for a while now (excluding minor changes) and we could try something new. I was looking around on different servers for games they have but this doesn't and I noticed Acidisland as a possibility.

A few bad things about this mode is that it's fairly uncommon and takes just a little bit of time to learn. It also may take players from other modes like survival in favor of this one. Players might get turned away of this mode simply because it's more "hostile" because of ability to raid rather than skyblock.

If there's anything good about it being uncommon is that you could mix things from different modes into this one. (ce's, autosells, shop system, etc). It also may bring curious players from different servers just to check out what it is.

It may or may not be difficult to implement this game as there is already existing plugins for this: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/acidisland.581/

2. WolkeNacht

WolkeNacht Member

3. HAL989

HAL989 New Member

Support!

would you be able to break blocks? Because that'd be a interesting twist, no tnt but blocks can be broken.

4. KisnemOfficial

KisnemOfficial New Member

this is a good idea, probably wont be implemented by Josh.

5. EndangeredAnimal

Many of the gameplay things might be in the plug-in information. You can't break blocks but you can use epearls and such. No lockette chests though so you have to keep them safe somehow.

6. Sirrawth

Sirrawth Well-Known Member

I don't think it would have enough support/use and the survival servers and pvp servers have a very split player base as far as I can see and with past experience they don't really mix well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. THEbobtardle

THEbobtardle Active Member

-1, even if it gets set up after a week or so itll probably die

8. HAL989

HAL989 New Member

Don't we already have a lot of servers like that already? and that didnt stop them from getting made

9. Sirrawth

Maybe we should learn from it, but a lot of those servers do have lots of people on at certain times. Also, this is the kind of server that needs lots of people to play otherwise raiding would be pretty dull/frustrating

10. EndangeredAnimal

Well factions sometimes is pretty low on player count and it still works

11. THEbobtardle

not rlly, its boring asf and barely anyone comes out (correct me if im wrong abt that part)

12. EndangeredAnimal

This "mode" isn't just about raiding. You could play this with 0 raiding if you wanted to. Other servers keep some sort of raiding dynamic on to spice up the gameplay a little bit but it's really just a skyblock-type game where it's easier to go from island to island.

13. Sirrawth

you could but then why not play survival or skyblock?

14. EndangeredAnimal

I will play skyblock as soon as it resets. If Acidisland were to be added I would maybe play both.

15. Justttin

Justttin Well-Known Member

we used to boonk gang blueflame but we made him quit 2 days ago

16. Sirrawth

I don't think there's any point in having what will end up to be just two skyblock servers. It's just my opinion. It sounds like a cool idea if it had a large enough number of people to play it to make the raiding fun.

17. THEbobtardle

ripppppppp

18. Besett

Besett Active Member

-1 2 skyblocks? Na not needed