Bending Air bullets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dpeanut1, Jul 8, 2021.

1. dpeanut1

dpeanut1 New Member

What is your suggestion?
    Buff air bullets and air jump.
    Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?

The air meta is so obviously defined to the point where there is zero diversity in the movesets of airbenders, the only notable differences are people like nghhi2009 who uses jump and nimbus instead of blasting around, which is hindering him of course but still props to him, also people sometimes using airbreath instead of scooter. I really want some diversity because I think it would be super cool for people to have different air movesets in the server and it would be a step in the correct direction.

Second, air jump.

This move desperately needs a buff as its completely useless and seeing it be used would be very cool. The description of the move is "Gather a large amount of air and propel yourself in a certain direction" There is ZERO incentive or advantage to use this move because we already have airblast which is instant, and has no cooldown so you can chain them together, which I think is good, which is why im suggesting a buff instead of a nerf.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?

Air bullets might be a little powerful, but ive come up with ways to balance this, see below.

Jump, I cant think of any.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?

Mix up the air meta.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?

I think a great start would be making the bullets controllable like combustion is.
    To balance out the damage you could have it be 2 bullets instead of 3, but considering combustion does 3 hearts and is guidable, having 3 still would not be out of the question.

For Jump I think it should take less time to charge, and send you further, sorta like skyrocket. This way you would have some sort of reason to use it so instead of airblasting directly off the ground, you could airjump for more distance.

2. Jackaranda

Jackaranda New Member

AirBullets have 3 "bullets" that do 2 hearts each. It's not impossible to use, you just need to have great aim. Controlling AirBullets wouldn't change the air meta other than making another move that people will without a doubt complain about. Currently, airbending doesn't need another damage move, its mobility already balances it. Adding a new damage move like a controllable AirBullet would greatly unbalance things in my opinion. I don't dislike changing around AirJump, despite it already able to be used in combat fine. A shorter cooldown maybe, that'd be nice. Similarly to Catapult, an earthbending move, AirJump can be charged and used horizontally to get gain ground fast. It shouldn't be like Skyrocket, we have SwiftStream for that. AirJump would be far more useful as an offensive utility rather than an escaping mechanism. For example, it could have its cooldown and charge time lowered so it would be used more often for offensive purposes. Other than that, not much really can be changed that wouldn't be pointless. Instead of buffing AirBullets, I'd suggest buffing another utility like Nimbus. Or the AirWheel combo from other PK configs could be added.

3. dpeanut1

dpeanut1 New Member

I actually change my mind and agree with this, my original mindset was that since combustion is guidable and does 3 hearts it would be nice, but you are right about it, just have to aim. Though I do still think something should be done for airjump, some incentive to use it without nerfing airblast.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  4. Jackaranda

Jackaranda New Member

I don't see why anyone would want AirBlast to be nerfed. Mobility is the main reason why air is so fun to play. Other than what I said before, it'd also be cool if AirJump could have more force added to a horizontal jump so that it'd be utilized in offensive strategy.

5. dpeanut1

dpeanut1 New Member

Exactly, more horizontal force and maybe less charge time