Bending Big nerfs for bending!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cybs, Oct 25, 2018.

?

Should these nerfs happen in the next reset?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Cybs

Cybs New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that bending receives a massive nerf for some moves/combos that deal way to much damage. For example:

Fire Moves/Combos to be nerfed:
    Fireshots, FireJab, FireBlade, JetBlaze, and FireShield(Buff), Combustion

Why Fireshots?
    Fireshots at the moment deal 1 heart for each shot which is 4 shots, which is equivalent to one Jetblaze, the cooldown for fireshots is about 3 seconds long and the cooldown for jetblaze is about 20 seconds long I believe. Nerfing FireShots to shoot 2 shots or 3, or make it deal .5 hearts per shot with 4 shots would make fire less over powered and more balanced.

Why FireJab and FireBlade?
    This is an obvious nerf. FireJab and FireBlade both deal 2.5 heart plus .5 hearts of FireTick with a 5 second cooldown which is absolutely absurd, you could easily kill anyone with FireShots, FireJab, and FireBlade, this is why I suggest decreasing the damage of each move to at least 1.5 hearts and with .5 hearts worth of FireTick and/or making the cooldown 6 or 7 seconds long (keep it at 5 is damage is lowered any more.) This would provide more balance into the server allowing firebenders to actually learn fire and not use corrupted moves like those. and would make battles last longer than just 2 seconds.

Why JetBlaze?
    Let's get to the point here, JetBlaze does 4 hearts, and has a really long cooldown. I suggest making Jetblaze do 2 hearts and have a shorter cooldown maybe 10 seconds. This would allow Fire to be easier to deal with and also for firebenders to not only use jetblaze and then run away, and of course it provides more balance.

Why FireShield?
    This is more or less a buff for FireShield. What is the point of a FIREShield is the fire does not even burn the player. This is basically adding a small amount of FireTick to FireShield to literally make the move live up to its expectations.

Why Combustion?
    This is just a quick nerf. Combustion does 5 hearts with the fireticks. I suggest adding 1 heart worth of fireticks or removing the fireticks altogether for Combustion.

Water Moves/Combos to be nerfed:
    WaterGimbal

Why WaterGimbal?
    WaterGimbal does 3 hearts of damage and is a little obnoxious when going up against water because the damage from water is very high and add a full moon to that and water is extremely annoying to deal with. Nerfing Gimbal to do at least 2 hearts would make water much easier to deal with and plus there is still torrent and WaterManipulation that are fine I guess for now. This would obviously bring more balance to the server and more lengthy battles which makes the game more fun, apart from a battle taking 20 seconds or less.

Earth Moves/Combos to be nerfed:
    EarthBlast, EarthShard

Why EarthBlast?
    This is another obvious one, EarthBlast has the same cooldown as AirBlast and being an offensive move means that it can be extremely annoying. I suggest raising the cooldown to EarthBlast to 1 or 2 seconds so that it can't be spammed at ridiculous speeds. This would bring less spamminess to earth and it will make it semi-balanced because other moves could also use a damage/cooldown nerf.

Why EarthShard?
    All is well for EarthShard but the cooldown is too short, as soon as the shards hit its ready to be used again, it would make sense if there was a 1 or 2 second delay from when it hits the target or ground(if you miss) to when you can use it again. This like every other nerf would give more lengthy battles and more balance for the server.

Air Moves to be nerfed:
    AirBlade, AirScooter(Buff)

Why AirBlade?
    This is an issue for many players. AirBlade currently deals 2 hearts of damage and has a cooldown of 3 seconds. Nerfing it to deal 1.5 hearts of damage with a 5 second cooldown would be much better everyone and offer a better AirBlade. (Excluding Criticals)

Why AirScooter?
    AirScooter received a ridiculous nerf adding a 7 second cooldown which is absolutely horrible for airbenders because AirScooter is used in battles quite a bit to dodge attacks. I suggest buffing AirScooter to have no cooldown but have a duration of 5 seconds or more. By no cooldown I mean that it can be repetitively clicked where it would have no cooldown but, if you use it for 5 seconds it would have a 3 second cooldown or something like that. This would make AirScooter way more useful than it is now and it will provide airbenders to experiment with tactics using AirScooter.

Chi Moves to be nerfed:
    WarriorStance, Paralyze

Why WarriorStance?
    This has to be obvious for anyone. WarriorStance is the most annoying thing when facing chi blockers, it allows them to kill you in about 3 or 4 blows depending on the blocker. I suggest nerfing WarriorStance to have a duration or have it completely removed to be honest. This would allow other benders to ward of chi-blockers and also make it bAlAnCeD because at the moment chi blockers are absolutely annoying and difficult to counter when you don't know what to do.

Why Paralyze?
    I know paralyze had a recent nerf but hear me out. As of the recent nerf of paralyze, Paralyze now prevents you from using any bending that is offensive for about 5 seconds (which is enough time for a chi blocker to kill you.) I suggest decreasing the amount of time you are paralyzed for, something like maybe 2-3 seconds. This would make chi less of a burden to other players and less obnoxious.

Critical Moves:
    Any offensive move can be a critical move with the right amount of practice. I suggest removing critical moves completely so that we do not have to worry about 3-6 Heart

AirBlades
    , which is annoying if you're up against someone who knows how to trigger critical moves. This would make everything way easier to deal with because it sucks when you think you have a chance and then u get hit with a critical move and die instantly.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    What made me post this suggestion? I posted this suggestion because I decided that since the reset is sorta near PhanaticD could implement these nerfs into the reset so that it would be a completely fresh world with balanced moves (sorta)

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The possible negative aspects of this are people being mad about change cuz humans are not susceptible to change. and also people could be a little upset because they can't rely on their cheap ways, but hey, it is going to help people get better and not rely on such putrid moves.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The positive aspects of this are that people get to have longer battles which makes the game more amusing, apart from just killing someone in 2 seconds, (sucks the fun right out of it), and it would hopefully make people think less of our bending server as one trashy place where no one learns anything about bending, and only learn how to be cheap

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by Josh changing the config of ProjectKorra on PhanaticMc. https://github.com/PhanaticD/BendingConfigs

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Wow first time im seeing a suggestion about a bending nerf that isn’t about avatar state or avatar abilities...

-1 because those moves are what makes combat more balanced against each other, they all have some type of weakness so depending on that you can counter attack

3. Orsidian

Orsidian Member

+1 these moves all need changing.
    I've been playing for a considerable amount of time and I can tell you in full confidence that moves such as firejab, earthblast, airblade ect do not have weaknesses. They all deal incredibly large amounts of damage in very short periods of time. This suggestion, although very big, only suggests things that truely need changing. By nerfing them, combat gains balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

I'm willing to change my stance, but for a good reason. I don't want it to end up like avatar state where people are gonna be constantly on forums about either nerfing avatar abilities or buffing. I do understand that some moves are a little bit overpowered, but isn't that also the best action you can take against someone with access to avatar?

5. Cybs

Cybs New Member

You calling me an avatar state person? I don't understand how you don't get this like seriously. Nerfing these abilities will mean that the avatars wont have those cheaply powerful moves lmao, like it is that simple and I do not understand your point. Do you enjoy battles that last 2 seconds? or battles that last longer so that you can actually improve on your game.

6. PokeBloke

PokeBloke Member

Was about to make this suggestion. Ty. But I'd rather 0-1.5 seconds cooldown.

7. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

I'm not calling you an avatar state person, but the avatar state and its abilities have been nerfed countless times, I told you im willing to change my vote so if anything I feel I'm being fair. Aren't these exact moves that you described to be overpowered one of the best ways to even take down an avatar? You do have to understand that if these moves are nerfed or buffed, there will be others that complain about it, or they will think that its because avatar state is suddenly too overpowered and want to nerf that.

I'll +1 considering that a few others would want this, but ask in game how many people use these abilities and if its a decent amount then you can assume that all of them will be mad if this happens.

8. ExplOverheat

ExplOverheat Member

Hello Cybs, my good friend. I agree that certain moves need to be nerfed/reworked, however your rationalizations and lack of taking the implications of nerfing such said moves into account needs to be addressed.
    JetBlaze/Firejet: Not sure if perhaps your suggestion was already implemented or not, as I just went online to check and jetblaze has a 7 second cooldown (same as firejet), hitting one time for 2 hearts plus 1 heart of fire tick. I am not sure whether you are calling for a nerf or a buff to this move, but lowering the cooldown on it (or keeping it at this current cooldown if it was in fact already changed) is a HUGE buff to this move. Fire's 'drawback' is supposed to be the small amount of mobility which is compensated by its inordinately high damage. By increasing fire's mobility, it makes it even more unbalanced than it already is. Decreasing the damage of the jetblaze itself is negligible.
    FireBlade: I seldom see people using fireblade, the reason of which is because the hitbox on that move is very small compared to that of jab. At close range, it is difficult to MISS a jab, whereas fireblade is already an underused move that is much harder to land.
    EarthBlast and EarthShard: I agree with the fact that these two moves are very easily spammed, but you need to realize that reason for this is because earth does not have many other good quick damage options. Earth is already the least powerful element, and through the nerfing of these moves makes it very difficult to stack up against other elements which have much higher damage outputs at longer ranges. Earthshard is slow and easy to dodge with a maximum damage of 1.5 that is difficult to hit and slow to fire, earthblast on the other hand does need some sort of change with either cooldown or range, however earth needs something else to compensate for the nerfing some of the only moves that make it somewhat viable.
    Paralyze: Paralyze only disables either your left click or shift abilities, meaning if you have a balanced moveset you should easily be able to still use half your abilities to either A) Get away and wait out the already short duration, or B) just use your other moves available. Every element has tools to utilize at close range, and if a paralyze disables your entire moveset, you need to stop filling all your slots with spammy left click moves. Chiblockers are by far the worst nation in 1v1's, if you even slightly know how to use a keyboard, you can hard counter them. In situations where they attack you by surprise, being paralyzed is the least of your concerns as their entire kit is based upon cheap uninteractive gameplay.
    Critical Moves: Aside from chiblockers with warriorstance, criticals matter very little in fights. I'm like one of the only people that really use them, and I see that shade has been thrown towards me without mentioning me being the one that showed you them in the first place. For the majority of moves, criticals add only 0.5 hearts, as it's a multiplicative value. 95% of the server population triggers them on accident, and fights are not close enough that 0.5 is the difference maker for a nice mechanic built into the game.

Thank you for reading, best wishes and warm regards - Apheri
    @Cybs

9. Cybs

Cybs New Member

My oh my! Your points are well said Apheri, but I would like to point out that Jetblaze does 2 hearts + 0.5 hearts (firetick) and you can hit twice with jetblaze dealing a total of 5 hearts I would suggest removing fireticks and decreasing the damage whilst augmenting the cooldown of the combo to something like 10 second cooldown and 2 hearts of damage would be quite balanced to me. FireBlade is hard to hit yes but also it does 3 hearts just like firejab so decreasing damage would do fine for both of those moves. for EarthBlast just change the cooldown from 0 seconds to one second that would reduce spam a lot but also add more range to it same thing with EarthShard. Paralyze is too long, you gain slowness and also cannot use any move apart from Hold Shift moves and Tap Shift moves so things like AirShield which nobody uses that much especially in their sets, reducing the time paralyzed would mean that chi does not kill you in 2 seconds which was the whole point of this new paralyze and that you can also attack sooner and not just be helpless. Critical Moves have to be removed they do not deal 0.5 more hearts I have been hit by an AirBlade that dealt 6 hearts, these critical moves vary for damage and can be a real nuisance to the players and a new critical has come to my attention, RapidPunch. RapidPunch's critical move can deal 9.5-10 hearts one of my friends tested it on me. Removing critical moves would just mean that moves would deal their respective damage.

10. ExplOverheat

ExplOverheat Member

Honestly, I don't even know what to say to this except...no...fact check your info please. I agree with your para statement however

11. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

+1 agree and firejab has an insane hitbox it is broken i can deploy it 3 blocks away from someone and it autohits. a lot of these moves need nerfs it will balance the config very nicely and critical hits are tupid also for airblade it does 3 hearts if ur in the air which is insane. and firedisc needs a higher cd

12. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

the reason the nerf is suggested is to MAKE the moves more balanced lol cause right now they arent

13. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

That was like a month ago... sure +1 I guess, but eventually someone will want it back to the way it was so idk

14. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

they way it is now (the way it was before) is unfair the only thing avatars and firebenders use now is firejab there is no skill in that at all it has a broken hitbox too