Bending bloodbending resist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ivaro, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we make the moves bloodrip and cleanse to have the effect that bloodbending doesnt work on you when these abilities are bind.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because it already is a thing with bloodbending and bloodpuppet, why not with these? and bloodrip and cleanse actually seem like higher level bloodbending than the other two, would make sense that you can resist it.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is... i dont really see any bad sides?

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that bloodbending resist makes more sense

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by changing the config of bloodrip and cleanse the same way we have with bloodbending and bloodpuppet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Faurash

Faurash Member

+1 for bloodrip, but cleanse is already hard enough to use, i think.

3. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

I think you're failing to understand that as soon as you encounter someone better than... well... nothing that bloodrip and cleanse aren't viable, its interruptable and you need the surprise to actually pull it off.

Regarding cleanse they have to be 4 hearts or lower and chances are they're running away to heal at this point, and if they're not then they are certainly not going to sit still for you.

Acknowledging all this, -1.

4. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

I'm not suggesting this for combat purposes, i'm suggesting it because it just makes more sense, and i'm sure there are people who have gotten themselves into a situation like this. it's just a small detail i would like to see added.

5. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

Then don't make the suggestion, because it will affect combat.

6. Emperor

Emperor Member

how does it make more sense? lmao
    if youre thinking logically, then its like youre saying "if i know how to bloodbend i cant get bloodbended anymore" like what? confusion lol
    in what context are you referring to that isnt combat related where theyre in a situation where they get bloodbended so much to the point where you think that bloodbending should not affect people who have cleanse or bloodrip bound?

7. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Bloodbending and bloodpuppet already does this, why shouldnt it with the otber bb abilities then? It are different abilities but technically it’s all the same technique just different uses of it

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Emperor

Emperor Member

i mean theres no way in classifying advanced - not advanced bloodbenders (aside from element masters and non element masters) since you pretty much get access to all of bloodbending once you get element master, so attempting to make it sound more "sensible" just doesnt work if we all have the same abilities
    honestly im neutral on this. i know what youre getting at and it sounds ok but something like this is just eh

9. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

+1 I think all 4 of the blood abilities should be consistent with this, but not just so that BloodRip and Cleanse make you immune, but also that you can't BloodRip or Cleanse a bloodbender, if it's going to work one way I think it should work the other way as well.

10. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Amon was able to cleanse tarrlok.
    Bloodrip i’m not sure about since it never is shown. But it’s already not used much...