Bring Back Earth's Passive

Discussion in 'Server-Wide' started by RedTheRed, Jul 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RedTheRed

RedTheRed New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I and others suggest bringing back the Earth passive that makes the ground sand.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?

"The sand created completely messes up a lot of moves. It is even worse when both you and the opponent fall making a large portion of wherever you fight unbendable."

Is Neo's Argument.

The sand I was testing, using Erosion to mimick the fall passive, only changes three moves. Lavadisc, which doesn't allow the lava to spread out in the sand, only outside the sand. And Earthblast, the only actual move that doesn't work. And Raise Earth, which flat out doesn't work on the sand.
    These are the only three moves that are changed, and apparently it messes up alot of moves.

"Getting rid of the sand would solve the duping problem AND the unbendableness that bothers so many earthbenders"

Is a part of Shad's argument

Literally no EarthBender I've known has ever complained about the sand, it's minor in a lot of Earth fights and is only used for SandBenders, and apparently the sand makes a lot of moves unbendable when after testing amounts of moves with another player, it doesn't work.

Apparently it also "ruins the fluidity of earth playstyles" when a lot of the Earth bender's playstyles don't change at all, it's not like they always catapult up, do an earth smash combo all the time. The sand only appears when you fall enough blocks, and you're not even going to be staying in the same spot you landed when most of the time you're going to be attacked if you stay in that spot. That's why a lot of earth benders earth surf away or use other moves to combo when they land, and ring and line aren't even affected by it, same with kick and a whole bunch of moves.

If you make the argument: "Erosion's sand isn't the same as the passive" bring back the passive so we can test it, as many people who voted on the post to delete it didn't play earth at all or barely did, besides neo and pan who don't sand bend.

I've seen many people complain for this passive to be back, compared to the people who wanted it gone.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that people who don't sandbend or play earth at all will complain about this post, and if they want a half-way point, why not just make the height you need to fall from higher?

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that sand moves, like sandbullet and sandblast can actually work, Erosion itself is a bad move in battle, if you want sand you have to charge it while staying on the ground. You can't quickly release it after jumping to move away or else it won't change it to sand at all.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?

This can be done by reverting the change and adding the original code back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lloiis

lloiis New Member

+2, can say I rely on sandbullet quite a bit. Before the nerf I was trying to use sandblast more. Little bits of desert and erosion isn't enough, there isn't much of a point to be able to sandbend if it's not easier to access.

Either buff erosion or bring the passive back.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shad7860

Shad7860 Active Member

just because you didn't see anybody complain about the non-bendable sand doesn't mean those people didn't exist. There were numerous instances where people DMed me or asked in public chat why it acted the way it did, and every single time I had to explain that it was to avoid the existance of a dupe. The reason you won't be finding such people now is because the problem has been resolved.

If you want to make sand better, consider suggesting a buff to erosion rather than reintroducing a problem.

4. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

+1 but doesnt sand bullet do like 3 hearts

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

-1, I get where you're coming from but I feel like an erosion buff is the right way, the old passive doesn't really mesh with playstyles other than sandbending.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Phorid_Moon

Phorid_Moon New Member

+3 Hi Phorid_Moon Here. Here is how I take it, I know there were problems and issues with the sand passive in general, but what we really need to understand is. Getting rid of something that allows the use of sand bending, gets rid of (sand bending) completely. Yeah, there is erosion, but it has way more issues than the sand passive itself. Erosion is very clunky and requires the person to stand completely still, and if you jump or get ,let us just say, get hit with airsweep , it basically ruins the user chance to sand bend.

The only way you can have time to use erosion is if you, (run away), which people consider being a bad thing to do, or use dust cloud but that gets rid of a bending slot, (which you can use other moves for).

Here is my suggestion. Either plan A: bring back the passive and get rid of erosion, plan B: Work on fixing erosion, or plan C: create a brand new sand bending move that will give you time to use erosion such as a sandpit, the idea is based on an ant lion and how they can dig in the sand and make their prey fall closer and closer to the center like pandemonium.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Top 10 most unanswered questions

Why does "still" have a capital "s" in the middle of the sentence.
    Why is there a space before the comma and no space after it?
    Why does "air" have a capital "a"?
    What is swepted?

8. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Active Member

Top 1 unanswered question
    Who cares?

9. Shad7860

Shad7860 Active Member

This is so irrelevant that its painful

Personally I vote for buffing up erosion to be a click and itll turn earth you look at to sand. Not a large range, maybe like 10 blocks away or so, but that way it might fix what you described. Heck, with this you could mimic the passive with ease