Factions Bring Factions Back

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Besett, Mar 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM.

?

Bring factions back in a close reset date (15th or week after)?

Poll closed Tuesday at 9:25 PM.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes but after the few months.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Besett

Besett Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..
    Factions be brought back for Friday reset date
    Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..
    Many players have been waiting for this reset and I do not think the actions of 4-5 players should mess it up for everyone
    What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..
    Josh will have to deal with all the toxic, annoying, players on factions once again. Aswell as factions tickets which are nutoriuosly hard
    What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..
    Josh makes $$$ on factions again and the entertainment of factions for the player base.
    How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)
    Starting factions again for reset with all the changes suggested.

Open letter to factions community and josh.
    Dear Josh & Facs

First off I would like to apologize for me and my brother FreeBreadSticks actions which have partially led to the closing of factions and the lack of payouts. Just because a few bad players decided to abuse the factions community and a harmful mess up of config it is not representative of the whole factions community. There are plenty of non-toxic factions players who wouldn’t Dare to abuse and are really looking forward to this upcoming reset. I know factions is one of the harder servers to run but please PhanaticD it is worth it. The enjoyment you have caused you might not know u did. I speak from experience. I feel like many of the toxic players do not realize how much factions means to them and what is has done until they lose it. Like me, I used to come home from school, eat take a shower and then hop right on factions to chat with the community and play. Now without this even with a new powerful PC which can play any game there is still a void in me that I feel due to facs being down. Even though I did not do as much as the others I feel like it is my obligation to suggest this as I would hate for someone who was genuinely exited and waited every day to start fresh on factions and I feel as if I might have ruined them. Yes they can play mini games and other gamemodes but I imagined this scenario flipped. What if someone who I had no clue shut down their favorite part of the server. I would be upset and sad. I know factions is frankly a pain in the ass but please PhanaticD do not wait months like stated on your discord post. Please reset it either this Friday or the next one. Aswell as the hard work @tamba3 did on the spawn and the community suggesting things I feel like it isn’t a good idea to let the good things factions had to go to waste. Again I deeply apologize for angering you enough to shut down factions because you are sick of it and trust me I can understand please reset factions and let the innocent supporters who have done nothing wrong play and not be punished by the 1% who abuses. Aswell as if you are just a player who may not like factions please do not hate on this suggestion because of that. Imagine If the server you play bending or skyblock got shutdown because of a few nasty people who fucked it up for the rest of us.

TL:DR
    Sorry for being an ass and duping, reset facs because it is not the good players fault and do not hate on the suggestion because u dislike facs imagine if bending or x server got shutdown because of a few bad people.

Sorry once again.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

Give Phan a break when he wants a break -1

3. EndangeredAnimal

EndangeredAnimal New Member

I don't wanna be "that guy" but, you spelled "Notoriously" wrong.

I loved factions. If Josh would like some time to think then that's alright with me. I would prefer it be reset basically now but then again I also hope the focus maybe stay on Survival/Skygrid/Skyblock reset as it's been. Reset by summer or sooner would be great, if possible. Although I did vote for "yes" in general.

Some leadership for factions would be great! I know Tamba and other staff pop-on maybe to play but it'd be nice to have a dedicated mod towards this server. It might help against something like this happening again.

Overall +1

4. Besett

Besett Active Member

Good idea! Maybe darkishh or tamba would be good they are very knowledgeable towards factions and hacks in general!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. YodaConqueror

YodaConqueror New Member

Dear Phanatic,

As a new player (I arrived mid terms this map), I really had a great time with the server. I’ve been looking for a while a factions server to establish myself in, and I finally found one, yours. Factions it’s pretty awesome and I found an awesome community who’s willing to play and share a good time with others. While I agree it is wrong to cheat in any case, and ofc cheating comes with punishments, there’s also a lot of new players who are willing to play fairly and have fun on the server. The faction I created this map was filled only with new players, and loyalty was being established with the fac and ofc with the server. Please reconsider opening factions. Although I don’t know how it’s been in the past, for us new players it’s a bit frustrating not being able to play on such an amazing server. The choice is yours, but all the new players (and old ones ofc) will be grateful towards the choice of resetting factions and keep up the fun.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  6. FlamingTatsu

FlamingTatsu Well-Known Member

+1
    the people who were banned should stay banned, unless they meet the requirements I've discussed on discord, which are unlikely to be fulfilled. people who weren't involved shouldn't be punished, and it is very understandable that factions is being placed on a hiatus (or potentially an entire shut-down). I can accept josh's deterrence from the entire factions community as a whole, and I'm sure that can occur while those who abide by the rules continue playing. I just want something to do in my free time, and factions was worthy of that empty time slot. understandable if this is denied; I still want to have something good like factions to play on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Polo

Polo Member

Heres what I believe the choices should be due to how big this was:
    1. Bes and everyone stays banned including his fake brother.
    2. We have an unban all and monitor factions much mroe closely.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agentburkin

Agentburkin New Member

Rip i couldnt vote

9. Besett

Besett Active Member

Sure. I would rather facs live then be unbanned.

10. Polo

Polo Member

You should stay banned forever tho never be unbanned.

11. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Sounds great until his second fake brother logs on

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. BlueFlame172

BlueFlame172 New Member

Polo: "I only minor dupe so unban me...wait i quit...

13. mandown

mandown Active Member

freebreadsticks isn't ur brother

14. laurencebaojd

laurencebaojd Active Member

What kind of food is "take a shower" @Besett

In all honesty though, just getting rid of factions or banning everyone from it just doesn't really make sense. I understand there are a shitload of issues that come along with keeping factions up specifically but think about the message you're sending to the rest of the server.

Issues = Shutdown Server

Sidenote: It's kinda ironic that Bes is the one who made this thread lmao

15. Ace15dx

Ace15dx Active Member

Not everyone is banned, just the more active players who duped or knew about it and didn’t report it. Which just happens to be like half of factions atm. Josh is most likely doing this as a warning to everyone as well, as to why they should report any game breaking issues or glitches instead of abusing it.

Side note: that’s partly why everyone takes this as a joke