PvP Bring Kit PvP back..

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zavii, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Zavii

Zavii New Member

I know, this sounds crazy and I know a lot of people won't like this Idea.. but please take ur time to read trough the post.. maybe even think a second about it...

What is your suggestion?

- Reset Kit PvP
    - Remove all perks that give ppl with a rank an advantages on kit pvp (better prot, sword & pots). (give particles or something instead..)
    - Put back pots back in the chests

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    New players that join on kit pvp are hunted down by people with better kits.
    Kit pvp is dead. We don't have any new players there. If nothing changes it will stay like that.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    There will be a lot of kids that complain that they didn't get what they payed for with their ranks.
    All those stats which they build up by farming new players will be gone.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    New players will be finally able to enjoy playing on kit pvp, with this we are finally able to bring back some life to this server.

2. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

I kinda agree with this, or make like kits for kit pvp that everyone can access while also having some extra rank only kits.

3. ThoriumFluoride

ThoriumFluoride Member

+1 I don't play kitpvp that often (mainly before factions resets) but I can see that this is needed. Factions is also fairly dead rn and even though the two gamemodes are different barely having any players online at a time is something that is the same on both servers. They both need changing, however I made a post for factions. This is the one for kitpvp

4. Elec

Elec Well-Known Member

now dont even bother to call me a kid who whines about perks but people bought the ranks for these, knowing they would get these and they bought it to get them. if you took this away, it would be literally lying to ppl who bought ranks.

on the other hand, people really try hard to get those stats up and just ripping it away won't make them happy either.

however there can be some other server where the perks are gone and fully reset, simply a kitpvp2 you could say

5. ThoriumFluoride

ThoriumFluoride Member

Having a second kitpvp is pointless because if noone plays on the first one what makes you think people will play on the second one?

6. Elec

Elec Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to find a way to not remove our perks but also make it fair ;/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

like I said, maybe add kits for everyone while also having extra donor kits.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Well-Known Member

Removing donor kits just doesn't seem like a good option to me. They have to pay for the server somehow. It's also like taking away what someone payed for which just seems... bad... Also if people want to get a kit they can get a rank for free with topads and topvotes rewards.

However the other two additions you have suggested sound great!

I personally would like it if KitPvP reset every month like it use to so other people can try to get on the top kills easier. It is very hard for a new players to get onto the top kills as of right now as everyone else is so much higher on kills on the leaderboard. It just makes it much harder. Resetting it can give others an opertunity to get onto the leaderboard for top kills and might give them more of a reason to play on there!

I am all for adding potions back to the chest loot. I really liked the potions and it was sad when they went away. It also helped non-ranked players a lot so they could get things like speed that donors (hero+) have.

-1 to removing donor kits.
    +1 to resetting kitpvp every month. (Idk if you meant that exactly but thats how it seems to me)
    +1 to adding potions back to the chest loot.
    I am in 1st place on kills on KitPvP as of right now. I don't even get on there much I usually get on to hang out with friends. I feel people wanting to get on the leaderboard would be discouraged by how high up some people are on there. However I see where you are going with that won't make them happy. But possibly doing so could make people work again to get on the leaderboard making them play more.

If you want to 1v1 someone with no donor perks people can just go to /duels.

Are you referring to something like Infection where there are a few different gun kits and depending on your rank your kits are better?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

no, I mean like, kits for everyone including non-members, members, and ranks. While also having kits for ranks only. Like creating new kits.

10. Zavii

Zavii New Member

In my point of view the advantage in pvp from the donor kits and the fact that almost everyone that plays on kit pvp has those is the reason why we don't get any new player.

Why should we have a kit pvp server when no one plays there?

What are your feelings about to just remove the advantage in pvp and add instead other cool features?
    - Inspect mode
    - Particles
    - Maybe fly when u are not in a fight
    . Nick, prefix & suffix
    - etc

11. TurtlesAreHot

Ohhh so like hungergames. That seems like an interesting idea.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TurtlesAreHot

We already have particles. /trails and /dt

If you don't want to be in fight you simply just leave kit and go to hub or somewhere else. This seems dumb.

Suffix isn't a good idea. We can already buy nicks and we get 5 gnicks when you first become a donor. (global ranks).
    You can also buy prefixs already.

What do you mean by this?

13. Zavii

Zavii New Member

Maybe something like gamemode 3?
    With fly you could reach spots you normally woudn't reach. :P
    Yes but you have to buy them atm. ^^

14. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

Just like when Mojang changed the EULA josh could make it so you could have cosmetics etc. instead of kits, of even have a donor /warp and a everyone map, i think kitpvp could be expanded vastly and even bring new players to the server. This could be done by adding rewards to killing someone, make bountys (like earning 1$ from each kill which in the long run could buy something) there could also be a drop down point added so people could have enderchests, shops and even trade boxes before they jump down to battle. If a staff member thinks this has potential please do tell me and i'll make a more thorough explanation in my own suggestion.

Thank you.

15. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

It's the same setup as when there was 80 ppl on kitpvp so ur just flat out wrong. And I do not have the desire to do pointless work

16. Zavii

Zavii New Member

Not really right, pots for example got removed. This is now something that new players don't have access to,, and they are really op
    Also new players have i would say a pretty good chance to get their life to half a heart. With 5 gapples kinda hard to recover from that twice.

Those are small things that make it almost impossible to catch up with their stuff to people that get it from the beginning.

17. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

But the server has lost a lot of it's playerbase on kitpvp most likely due to it being repetetive and unique. Refurbishing could attract old and new players, in my opinion. I'm looking at it as a playerbase standpoint not an effort standpoint. (I'd be happy to give suggestions and how they could be done.)

18. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

simple fact is the massive hordes who watched and played minecraft years ago have moved on, and doing things like adding a kit will not suddenly change anything. CTF has absolutely no donor perks whatsoever, so yea just take that as an example

i am fine with doing things like adding potions to chests again if you believe it will make a difference, i dont remember removing that but wouldnt be hard to add either way

and the monthly top kills resets should never have stopped doing, just got lazy and forgot about it

19. TurtlesAreHot

Please do add this back. I would love it to be back a lot of people were sad that it just kinda of disappeared.

20. peanutsays

peanutsays Moderator Staff Member

Not so right yourself. In fact, there were actually more players before pots were even added to the chests.

Although, adding them wouldn't be a bad idea in order to add more to the game. Think they were removed because too many people complained about it.