Bending Chi FlyingKick

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jackaranda, Jun 29, 2021.

?

Should FlyingKick receive this change?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jackaranda

Jackaranda New Member

As many people know, chiblockers can be very powerful. However, it is often very difficult for chiblockers to reach their targets because of knockback. I propose that FlyingKick, the mobility/attack combo performed with SwiftKick, should have its cooldown reduced to 3 seconds instead of its current 5-second cooldown. The damage would have to be reduced to 0.5 instead of 1.5, though.

Why would this be beneficial?

This would make it easier for a chiblocker to approach a bender. Currently, it's almost impossible to get anywhere close to a bender before they are knocked back again, and they are slowly killed with damage buildup. As a chiblocker, for me personally, it's really quite difficult to compete against a bender being consistently knocked back. The current FlyingKick cooldown being 5 seconds, it's hard to recover from a knockback situation where FlyingKick had been canceled. On the other hand, it's painfully easy to keep a chiblocker away with a few moves as a bender. I feel like this change would balance chiblockers and benders a little more. It would also challenge benders to try a little harder against a chiblocker when they previously wouldn't have. Thanks.

For those worrying that this would be too overpowered:

The new FlyingKick would resemble damaging a target with Flight, except a lot slower. A chiblocker is meant to be an offensive fighter, this change makes more sense than spamming daggers from a distance.

EDIT: Instead of a change from 1.5 >> 0.5 hearts of damage, a change from 1.5 >> 1 might be more helpful. Changing from 1.5 >> 0.5 would render FlyingKick somewhat useless as an offensive damage combo, which it was intended for. A change to 1 heart of damage still balances the cooldown as well as keeping some of its intended use as a damaging combo.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. _R3fResH_

_R3fResH_ New Member

if its 1.5 hearts of damage rn I rather see it change to 1 heart damage instead of 0.5 coz if not the damage will be too low in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1