Bending Chi needs a nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PacificThom, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:18 PM.

1. PacificThom

PacificThom New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..Chi gets a damage reduction and/or immobilize doesnt last for as long as it does with the shit ton of damage that it does currently.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..its kinda fucked that they can keep you in 1 place for substantial amounts of time while dealing stupid damage and taking your bending away afterwards as well.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..all the chi mains are going to have a fit

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..chis more balanced

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here) reducing some of the damage chi does and/or reducing the amounts of time you're immobilized for.
    im not sure of exacts as i dont know where i can find the configs for this server.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 10:43 PM
  2. PacificThom

PacificThom New Member

i Also have a video of a single chi doing 10 hearts in a few seconds while im unable to move/bend if needed, but once again im not sure how im meant to get that to you

3. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

You should probably add a poll and get a majority vote if u want this to happen

4. PacificThom

PacificThom New Member

How would i go about doing that?

5. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Chi plays fundamentally different to other elements in that it's uninteractive by design - through necessity. It should be telling that despite having a "one-shot", it doesn't have any favourable match-ups. Chi is a glass cannon who's success depends entirely on the opponent.

Every element has ways of completely invalidating a chiblocker, albeit to varying degrees. A great chiblocker who has their combos down to muscle memory can only have an opportunity if a) your opponent makes a mistake, b) you are in a position to capitalize on it, and c) you aren't screwed over by the plethora of bugs only chi has to deal with.
    This leads to chi being adept at killing at spawn, but poor in a 1v1.

I don't believe chi needs a nerf, but just a redistribution of power to make it more average across the board. Against less-experienced opponents, it's oppressive. Against more-experienced ones, it's useless. People enjoy interactivity in games.
    Depending on your opponent, either they can't do shit to you, or you can't do shit to them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Couldnt have said it better myself.

7. Knowlesyyy

Knowlesyyy Member

8. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Chi is op if your opponent knows how to play it. A new player or even a moderately experienced player with Chi will have trouble: 1) catching up to their opponent, and 2) Keeping you in one place and not messing up their combo.
    "Depending on your opponent, either they can't do shit to you, or you can't do shit to them."

9. Knowlesyyy

Knowlesyyy Member

Well actually, if you aren't good at bending tough luck you are already fighting against people that have been on the server for years, unlike any other game (example overwatch/league of legends) you play against other new people and then get match made slowly higher and higher new people on bending most of the time probably aren't even that good at regular Minecraft PvP they are just into the anime "oh I have Minecraft that looks interesting"

• Agree Agree x 1