Bending Chi Suggestions - Different Arrow Types?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chibi, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Chibi

Chibi New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that Chi be allowed to use different tipped arrows when using daggerthrow.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    By adding this it gives Chiblockers a bit more versatility when picking a strategy. Different tipped arrows give different effects, which can be used in different situations.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Of course the first thing you think about when I give this suggestion are harming arrows. Harming arrows would obviously be broken, but the easiest fix would just be to disable harming arrows for the move. There are also other arrows that should probably be disabled, such as the Turtle Master arrow, Decay arrow, Night Vision, Invisibility, etc. Take your pick. If you were going to do this however, the best trade-off would be to disable immobilize. Personally I don't really care if immobilize is removed or not, as I don't use it often.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    Chiblockers gain different methods of taking down benders that don't involve stun. (Since people don't enjoy this)

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the plugin, but I guess just script the selected arrow types into the code for daggerthrow?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Drunk_Rooster

Drunk_Rooster Member

Yes that would be good and I don't think it would break chi very much if the very powerful arrows were takes into consideration, maybe if you allowed all types of arrows but limited how many were shot with special types to maybe a lower amount like 3

3. Infidante

Infidante Member

Maybe only 1 arrow shot with the move could be tipped? That could balance it out a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chibi

Chibi New Member

Forgot to mention how the cooldowns would work. Instead of it just being a set 6 seconds, it would instead be based on how many arrows are thrown (If that's possible). The base cooldown would be maybe 4-6, and it would add +1 second for every arrow thrown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

+1 cool idea
    Also question, would it work with your Wired Dagger suggestion?

6. Drunk_Rooster

Drunk_Rooster Member

no it says Dagger with use normal arrows

7. Infidante

Infidante Member

If wired daggers were added, I think keeping the tipped on normal dagger throw would make it more of an even option. One or the other, both with their own strengths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

making chi have things besides stuns will make it more like an actual fight instead of an assasination. +1 on the condition that immobilize or some other stun thing gets disabled

9. Infidante

Infidante Member

Moves with stun don't do much damage, and most Chi users don't use immo so maybe nerfing the damage of para by .5 or something would be reasonable but I doubt changing immo would do much

10. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

my problem isnt with stun move damage, its the potential that they bring to instantly murder a person without them having even a single chance to fight back. see it as trying to fight a venomous snake: once you get bitten, you're done for. and because of this, the only element to have a solid chance against them would be air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Infidante

Infidante Member

Well, every poison has an antidote. Fire can firejet, water can frostbreath/surge/torrent, and earth can earmor/catapult/raiseearth. I understand that para is very dangerous to get hit by, but if you don't die from the first combo then you have 10 seconds to wail on the Chi before they can use para again.

12. Infidante

Infidante Member

13. LeMinimalist

LeMinimalist Member

sounds cancerous. -1 . if you know how to , you can 1 shot a person without tipped arrows already. tipped arrows just makes it faster and more annnoying

14. Infidante

Infidante Member

15. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

-1 Like your gonna have to go out of your way to make these arrows, and some people can't be bothered or have the money to do so. For the people who come here just to fight and do no survival would make this very unfair for them. Also idk how this will work in ka, will we have a different arrow kit for every single different tipped arrow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

+1 this sounds really fun, not op effects tho.

17. Panduuuu

Panduuuu Member

+1 I don't see why not, sounds cool.

18. Infidante

Infidante Member

I dunno, maybe this would stimulate the market. It's not completely gamebreaking, and it'd add value to potions, which currently have no use.

Besides, if people "couldn't be bothered" then why does dagger throw use arrows at all? In reality, this would get more players active in the market, with more items to sell and trade. Isn't that a good thing?

19. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

My whole point is that there are some players who just want to go to bending and bend, especially the new ones. Having all these water bottles, arrows and iron get in the way of this and put off new players. Fortunately water bottles are extremely easy to make and earth literally has mining abilities. I think it is good that you just don't get iron for free (well it would break the economy) because it encourages new players to explore the many earth abilities too be able to get the iron.

So yeah bottles and iron are fine, but arrows are a pretty big annoyance for chi benders, where arrows are harder to get, while needed in large quantities being used up very quickly, while iron and bottles have infinite use. For making your own I guess wood is easy to get, but it would be pretty tedious to mine gravel over and over to get flint, while only really being able to buy feathers or make a farm to get them in large quantity. Fortunately there are quiet a few nice players who are willing to easily lend people arrows from skeleton spawners. But tipped arrows are pretty tedious and more expensive to make and I don't think as many players will be willing to just give them out.

Also I don't really think that tipped arrows could bring much more dept or good and interesting changes to chi. If harming arrows are a thing then I think 90% of players are going to pick it, where arrows do 0.5 hearts each and the least you can increase it by is to 1 heart each, which is pretty busted. The only way to balance this is to completely change dagger throw which would be a hassle. This sorta makes people invested in survival get a huge advantage over new players or just players who don't do survival at all. Poison might promote some pretty stupid strategies of poisoning the enemy then using shadow suit to hide until the poison effect is over. I don't really think slowness would have an impact, where it wouldn't slow movement moves, maybe airblast, but then it would just trigger air benders.

20. Infidante

Infidante Member

I can see where you're coming from, but...

1. The whole harming arrows thing was already brought up; only some arrows would work with it

2. Tipped arrows would be more for dedicated players, while untipped would still be available to new players

3. The arrows available wouldn't be game-changing. They'd most likely be blindness, slowness, etc. Thus, old players wouldn't have a huge advantage on new players.