Clarification

Discussion in 'Bending' started by Conrad, Mar 23, 2020.

?

Am I too edgyboi?

1. Yes, Chill out loser

2. No, Viva la Resistance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Conrad

Conrad New Member

Good Day.

You may know me, I go by many names, lavaboi, dickhead, flux spammer, but probably known by most as _veles__. Over the past year or so I've come to really enjoy and appreciate this server and community, it being the first server I ever donated to support. Part of my enjoyment comes from the fact that the server does not feature any heavy censors meant to protect children playing the game, as I'm sure you know, especially on bending, most regular players average a higher age range. This has led to great conversation and jokes and trolling all around, and has been a blast to enjoy for any mature individual partaking in this server's experience. That being said there are obviously those who cannot maturely handle or discuss certain sensitive or uncomfortable issues, and instead of /ignore-ing the people offending their sensibilities, will come onto these forums and try to have them lynched, like the last post about finchbee, a regular player and nice guy whose gay jokes were just //unacceptable// according to the joke nazi. I understand people can get carried away and need to be reported and punished to maintain server culture, I have deserved it before(I sat through a week long mute I didnt deserve cuz i still felt bad about the 1 day mute for the worse crime before) but these itchy-trigger-fingered despots have finally gone stir-crazy from quarantine.

Yesterday, with another regular player (mizuyo), I made the following joke: "Miz, I know i said chi is for f8gs, and more specifically u were a f8gt, but lets be friends". The context for this follows mizuyo rapidly killing me in repeated succession, after me having taunted her for playing chi in the past, something I'm known to do tongue-in-cheek, as an obviously infuriating lavabender. Obviously my use of the word f8gt was comedic, and not meant to disparage the homosexual race. More obviously still, anyone on the server for the lead up to the event, anyone who regularly played and knew us, anyone who wasnt a pissbaby, would have laughed it off or /ignored me. If you want to report someone without screenshots I want a full detailed recreation of the events, just so I know youre not a sore-loser trying to start shit.

When you swear on the server you are warned ////excessive swearing//// can have consequences, but at this point it seems like anything goes. Can I still swear on the server or do I risk more mutes or a ban if I continue?

I hope this doesn't come off as rude to the staff, it's supposed to be rude to the dingbats in the audience... And I genuinely dont want to get muted again so....

Thanks for the help!

2. Conrad

Conrad New Member

I feel like it isnt clear in the paragraph that I actually got muted, that's why im here lol not just screeching

3. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

moved to general discussion this isnt a report, and in your case its mainly you have been warned a few times in the past, previous history is often taken into account for punishments, if you really believe it wasnt fair make a ban appeal and i will look into it further

4. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

From what I know, swearing is only allowed when it is NOT directed at a person.

This is fine: "Fucking hell I lost my elytra
    This is not: "Fuck you you fucking gay piece of shit"

And before someone calls me out, a disclaimer:
    all swear words used in this message are in order to form an example and serve no purpose to offend or harm anybody. Also, I might be wrong here, so if I am please be mature about it and constructively correct me rather than bitch about it.

5. Conrad

Conrad New Member

I can deal with a mute (although not knowing how long it is is scary), but I'm wondering about mute criteria in the future

6. Conrad

Conrad New Member

I see what you mean here, and seems fair, but where is the line on that? people on bending just say 'u gay' and the like all the time, just cuz u put a 'fuk' afterward... ya dig?

7. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Im not sure myself honestly, sarcasm is a tricky thing in these situations.

My advice is to just refrain from swearing (even jokingly insulting) at all. That minimises the risks. Its worked out for me so far

8. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Off topic but I always found your lavafluxes endearing, it's nice when a player can just have fun without taking things too seriously

9. Conrad

Conrad New Member

RIP Gay jokes

10. Conrad

Conrad New Member

aph u my new fav

11. PhanaticD

theres a difference between a joke and using it as a insult or slur especially excessively

12. Conrad

Conrad New Member

idk if i say 'u gay' or 'chis for fgts' or 'u gay fuk', its a joke, but it may still technically be an insult. And when 9 year olds can report any word they see and recognize from mommy's nono-list regardless of context just for a 40 min power trip it kinda effs up my minecraft week

on a side note, /marry tp, /pet name, and a few other commands stop working once youre muted is this intentional?

tyty <3

13. PhanaticD

you are obviously taking it too far, which makes me not take your complaints seriously

14. Pride

Pride Member

saying fag or faggot's like saying the n word. its a slur, but less people care ab it. i personally dont care if you say it, but it would get annoying when you use it excessively and especially if youre not gay yourself

15. Conrad

Conrad New Member

Well that's dishearting to hear, because other than the time I conceded, they weren't obvious. Although I guess this does give me the clarification I needed in terms of acceptable language. I'll reel it in to avoid a perm mute or ban I guess, but it might be hard to take seriously for very long when I'm on right now seeing cunt in the chat but cest la vie

16. Conrad

Conrad New Member

I'm not going to explain how much that lacks any kind of philosophical underpinnings or internal logical consistency, but rest assured its far below the measure for any kind of real argument against using fag, or really any other slur. That being said if it would stop you and your ilk from whining and muting me over it, I am gay. Such a good ally, forcing someone to out themselves on a minecraft forum for saying that chi 4 fgts (which it is) v gay

17. PhanaticD

i was referring to "And when 9 year olds can report any word they see and recognize from mommy's nono-list regardless of context just for a 40 min power trip it kinda effs up my minecraft week"

18. Conrad

Conrad New Member

oop, well either way I'll reel it in, keep the fun to /msg and plot chat. The culture on here is obviously shifting a little right now so I can deal. I submitted an appeal.

19. Pride

Pride Member

lmfao why so pressed ? i literally did nothing to prompt you to out yourself-
    i wasnt even directing the whole argument towards you, jus pointing out my personal thought of someone saying "fag" excessively or repetitively hence being slightly annoying. dont take this personally, oh wait you have- oopsies:grimacing-small:

^ as for this, im not even gonna ask what provoked you to think that all this had some philosophical meaning to it. like i said, it was all personal luv kfsaddbsajdbawk

bottom line is, people get offended maybe bc they dont share the same humor as you or maybe youre just not funny, idk- and its not rare for someone to be offended for no reason at all, so deal how you want. in my personal experience, if they get heated bc i said "fag" i let them know i am one and the conversation is over period

also sorry for the passive-aggressiveness, early online classes are exhausting- hope we can come to an understanding bc im already tired from miss rona, and quarantine not it luv xx

20. Conrad

Conrad New Member

I mean in the context of the thread with the owner discussing the use of the word, once you throw it out there I kinda have to, I'll agree that probaby wasnt your intention. But still saying well I'm gay so period on fag doesn't really satisfy me(or im sure the wider public), either way as u say, I'm also a little on edge w/ school and this corona-cation hasnt been very relaxing. u seem based tho, hopefully i see u in spawn sometime, we could chill :>

also im not pressed, just tired of dumb ppl :<

• Friendly Friendly x 1