Create a Code of Conduct thread.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KhromaG, Apr 20, 2017.

1. KhromaG

KhromaG Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we create a Code of Conduct for the forums that both staff and players should abide by.
    What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is it could lead to issues (i.e. "It says in the CoC that you need to do this on a thread, I'm reporting you.")
    What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is it will lead to less hostility and less arguments between players and staff.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by simply creating a thread, visible on the Forums title page, listing the "Do's" and "do not's" of discussions.

2. Whiist

Whiist ⚡ Admin ⚡ Staff Member

3. KhromaG

KhromaG Member

@Whiist My suggestion states that it would be updated, more restrictive when messaging someone/commenting on profiles, and that these rules would apply to staff as well.

4. Whiist

How so..? Rules are fine how they are.

If theres an issue with staff you can email Phanatic.

If theres an issue with players you can click the report button on the post.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

I agree with Whiist on this one. We already have ToF, and the rest of it seems to be just common sense. If I`m having an issue with staff, usually I can just message the staff member here and sort it out without an escalation, but if not then I`d message Josh himself. As for players, that`s why we have a report thread, and a report function on the threads themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  6. sunwolfx

sunwolfx Active Member

If you don't like something someone says, click the report button. If you don't want players commenting on your profile, edit your profile settings to include on select members, if you don't like things you see on friend's profiles, do not check friend's profiles. These are simple solutions that get you what you're wanting. To add a code of conduct is:
    -More work for staff
    -More things that can go wrong
    -More players warned/kicked/banned = less people playing the server
    -The server is for safe fun, not to parent around kids who can't act maturely online.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

another big issue with this is that people already don't read the rules. I'll bet over 75% of players who come on, who see the same "read /rules so you don't get banned message" don't ever read it. I get asked so many times a day questions that are covered in the rules.

And even a lower percentage of those people who do, actually have forum accounts. and have you seen just how many messages are on the server? and just how quickly something can disappear off of page one on any given forum section? Even if it was locked on page one and set on the top, people just don't read these things. I'm with everyone else on this. There are already mechanisms in place to tell people how to conduct themselves. if they choose not to read them, then you can use the mechanisms in place to deal with them.

Not to mention, who in the heck is going to baby sit the millions of messages sent every day?

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. Whiist

Thisss^^^^

It would just turn into petty reporting of the minor things like someone called you this or that.. Common sense would be to ignore that user so you don't see their posts.