Creative Creative Build Spotlight

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by osully2023, Jan 6, 2019.

1. osully2023

osully2023 New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that there should be a 50x50 slab of concrete at the guest plot spawn where every week, we can feature a new build to the community. It could be located at PhanaticD's Christmas plot at -4x 4z.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because currently, there is nothing exciting happening that will keep new (and old) players consistently logging onto the server. The only thing keeping players on is the community and what the player is building. This could add a new reason to log on because we could see a new build weekly. I posted this suggestion because I am frequently seeing new players join, and then leave after 10-30 mins of play and then never coming back.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that PhanaticD will, unfortunately, lose his famous Christmas plot, but I have made the concrete slab 50x50 blocks wide so it will fit exactly half of a normal plot.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that we can use this to show off new builds and help builders grow. This can also boost a builders self-confidence which I think is also a bonus.

How can the suggestion be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by finding a spot near spawn to place the block. Now, this doesn't mean we have to clear PhanaticD's plot but we could find somewhere else. The block itself is made of grey concrete, but it could be changed to stone or any other block that can fit with all versions (1.8-1.13.)

To give everyone an idea of how it would look, I have created a concept of it with Hoopla54321. The image is in the comments down below.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerald

Gerald Member

You could also just get some popular person to make it on one of their plots... but +1 anyways I don't think it's that bad of an idea

• Like Like x 1
  3. osully2023

osully2023 New Member

The player could also do /submit and then the admins have a simpler way to choose builds.

4. Besett

Besett Active Member

And we can call it “The Block” and have it on top of risky reels... nvm wrong game... but yes +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

Thought the same thing right as I read the suggestion!
    But I mean it kinda seems like not many would try to get into it. I'll wait for other opinions before voting.

6. Panduuuu

Panduuuu Member

I like the idea since players will push themselves to be more creative with their builds with the goal in mind to be featured on that plot. Which is a pretty fun feature that creative could have. +1 :)

7. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

I think this would absolutely push players to want to be featured in it and it would excite the whole server to see who won each time. This looks like a great opportunity to see who can make the best and most creative builds.

+1

8. BadSkyx

BadSkyx Active Member

This is a great idea, never thought about it before.

As you said, it might help the build team grow because players get more creative.

But like i have a question, isnt it unfair for the players with no rank? Like ranks can use brush spheres and all of those things while they can't.

But i'd love to see this added :')
    +1

9. Woxe

Woxe Active Member

How would the featured build be selected? What about guests/members?

10. osully2023

osully2023 New Member

Players could do /submit and then the mods will have builds laid out for them via the command. Guests and Members, unfortunately, don't have world edit for free but, I think that they could make a good build instead of good terraforming.

11. osully2023

osully2023 New Member

I think that most of the build selected would be structures and not terraforming so there is a fair chance for all ranks. But you do bring up a good point.

12. Woxe

Woxe Active Member

sounds good +1

13. ThoriumFluoride

ThoriumFluoride Member

+1 I don't play creative for improving my extremely poor building skills but for making trap/base designs for factions. Putting that aside however, this could improve the server +1