Creative Dedicated Creative Sub-Server for RP's.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by osully2023, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Is this a good suggestion?

1. Yes

14.3%
  2. No

85.7%
  1. osully2023

osully2023 New Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we have a dedicated sub-server (accessible through a paper) on creative only for RP's.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because currently, too many roleplays exist on the normal plots. These plots are very packed with terrain and trees which can cause minor lag to the server. But as these plots grow increasingly popular, the server is even laggier than it ever was.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that this could cause a very big backlash from the RP community. Knowing that RP's are one of the most popular pastimes on the creative server, there is no doubt that there is a big RP community. The community may feel angry/upset about their work being put on a separate server. People could also use this server as a third plot which would not be good.
    What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is it can save many FPS on the other Creative sub-servers. (Normal, Donor Plots) This can also allow for a less crowded global chat and local chat.

How can these suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by simply adding a sub-server on the paper accessible when you log onto PhanaticMC Creative. I think we need maximum 1000+ plots on this server. Which also makes it easier for a first come first serve sort-of-thing.

2. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Well-Known Member

If you want better FPS, just look at this thread I made: Increase your FPS on Minecraft!

I just personally don't see the point. If you want more FPS get a better computer. I've personally never ran into any problems with being near a roleplay and having lag issues, even on my crappy laptop. Also if roleplays should have their own sub-server, why shouldn't skincomps? Why shouldn't large builds with lots of leafs, grass, vines? Personally to me this just won't solve anything. Your best bet here is to actually turn down your render distance so other plots around you won't load for you unless you get near them. Local chat being crowded? What? Local Chat is local chat. It's local so I don't see that being a problem at all. Only time I could see it being annoying if someone is near you typing. However that would be rare considering you have to be 100 (or 200 can't remember which) blocks or less away from someone to see their local chat.

Also what about the people who already have their RP on Creative? What are they gonna do? It won't change the fact that there are already RPs on the Creative server that are used. I completely don't see the point of this and I feel like it wouldn't change much at all.

I have rarely had any of these problems that you put out. About FPS being bad from JUST RPs. Yeah no, it is definitely not just RPs that would 'cause bad FPS, it could be just another build. I also don't see global chat being "crowded" because of Roleplayers. Roleplaying in global chat is against the rules.

This suggestion just doesn't make sense to me, and doesn't really solve anything. If you want/need better FPS follow my tutorial that I linked above or just buy a new computer. If you don't like global chat/local chat being "crowded" you can turn off chat or /ignore people who are talking.

3. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

this is just an ignorant suggestion, denied