Discord Helpers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shiftywig, May 23, 2020.

1. Shiftywig

Shiftywig Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest we have Discord helpers.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    I decided to post this as i was in a call with someone the other day and they didn't have a good understanding on how to change voice settings, profile pics, linking account etc, so it appeared to me that maybe having discord helpers who would always be around on the app, ready to help those who are having problems. I pondered it for a while thinking weather it would be necessary or if it would just make more sense to make sure minecraft helpers knew things about the application before applying, but then i thought it might be worth talking to others about the matter.
    It could also help people who maybe know all there is too about the app but are not sure how to use the bots that link ranks and play music, this could be very useful to know.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    People may view it unnecessary, and could be pointless as people new to the app wouldn't know how to contact the discord helpers in the first place.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    It would allow more people to become more aware of the discord side of phanatic MC, allowing announcements and new features to be more well known and give others a more enjoyable experience. It is also always nice to have a kind person to talk to when you are having trouble.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    By creating a new role on the discord server, others would be able to tag it whenever they needed something, to recruit discord helpers it could be a similar process to becoming a helper, asking odd questions about the app and looking for kind people who enjoy to help others, making the community and overall better place.

2. S6ad0w

S6ad0w Member

Another idea would be to have in game helpers double as discord helpers

3. Shiftywig

Shiftywig Member

yeah i agree, i mentioned that within the post.

4. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

5. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Doesnt discord have a customer service for this kinda thing?

6. S6ad0w

S6ad0w Member

i think they mean for just general discord questions, or questions about the pnmc discord server

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolvarine

Wolvarine Well-Known Member

truthfully, I feel this is really quite unnecessary. not only does it not really aid the server itself in any way, discord has tons of resources to help aid people with app-related questions, and like stated above, has very helpful customer service. not to mention, if someone's having trouble with the app, they can just ask a person who is informed on the matter, which frankly is anyone who's used discord for more than a week. lots of people on the server already help with confusion regarding bots, and many bots, including the ones featured in the phanatic discord server, have a help guide and command set in place.

so frankly, i don't see the benefit of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1