Duels

Discussion in 'Bending' started by MechaSerpent, Jul 10, 2019.

1. MechaSerpent

MechaSerpent Member

We Should Add Duels. The Fun Thing About Duels Is You Can Fight A Variety Of People Without Having To Deal With A Hectic Mosh Pit. Maybe Even A Point System For Whos Won The Most. It Would Work By Having 10 Queues Each With Different Miniature Arenas That 2 People Could Join In. Maybe Even A Teams Mode Would Be Cool. Don't Forget To Add Kits Like In /KA.

This Adds A Competitive But Fun Side Where You Can Practice Against Different Benders Without Them Running Away Or Teaming. However You Would Have To Remove Avatar Abilities Since They Are TOO OP. And For The Point System You Might Have To Have Make A Separate One For Elemental Masters (Or Could Remove Elemental Master But I Wouldn't Recommend Since Not Many Will Play). One System Will be For 6 Elements (Including Spirits) And The 2nd System For Combination Of Elements.

The Only Problem You Would Have Is Being Able To Have Someone Who Knows how To Build An Equal Map For All Elements.

The Overall Result Is An Increased Competitive And Fun Side Of Play Which Allows For Less Lag Than Spawn And Less Avatar Abuse. Also Equals Fair Ground So You Can Fight A Variety of Benders. Overall, It Would Be EXTREMELY Beneficial.

This Could Be Done By (/Warp Duel) Where It Takes You To A Place To See Whos In A Queue For What Arena. By Clicking A "Sign" (That Also Showcases 1/2 Players) It Would Enter You Into A Queue And Also You Can Click Signs That Give You A Kit Beforehand. Not Sure Exactly How The Signs Work But It Seems Like A Simple Add On.

2. PandaBabyBear

PandaBabyBear Member

Duels could be fun. It would be something new, so I wouldn't mind. I want to see something new like that.

But we have pro-bending and Korra's Arena which are basically duelling against another team or another player.

3. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

4. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Something tells me he means a 1 off 1v1 duel, instead of an entire tournament @Shookified

5. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

This sounds like a private version of KA tbh...

6. MechaSerpent

MechaSerpent Member

Exactly Ivaro/Shad. What I Mean Is A Private 1v1.

The Pros For Adding This Are... The Duelist Cannot Be Targeted (Unlike Spawn), Allows People To Settle Disputes (Whos Better), Promotes Active Fighting (For Those Seeking A Fight), Improves Practice Against All Benders (Wont Be Able To Choose Who They Fight), And It Reduces Lag At Spawn.

I Also Threw In A Point System To Make It Fun (Don't Have To Add But Would Be Cool).

7. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

Like, just telling people that you want to 1v1 someone usually makes them stay away, and spawn is huge and the direction you spawn in really isn’t the only place to 1v1. If someone abuses avatar then why even 1v1 them?
    I don’t really see a reason for it so -1

8. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Why The Hell Are You Capitalizing Every Word In Your Sentences Like This

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Gonna be honest, when I played other bending servers, they had this. And it was SO nice. Id love to see this on phanaticMc

+1

Also like aph said above this one, please stop capitalizing every word it genuinely hurts to read..

10. MechaSerpent

MechaSerpent Member

Nani... fine. Why I said avatar should be turned off or have multiple arenas to duel.

11. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

You're saying that multibending won't be allowed in it or that avatar moves won't be allowed in it? Both are aspects of avatar

12. MechaSerpent

MechaSerpent Member

Just Avatar State. Imagine joining to spar to be instant killed by Spirit Beam.

13. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

And elementsphere i guess

14. Bunno

Bunno New Member

how long do you wait before bumping things

15. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

A week every bump

16. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

+1 I rarely have tried bending but i wanna lose some 1v1s