Bending Dustcloud

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timtamtatious, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Which do you agree with?

1. Everything

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Particles, cooldown and armor

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Particles and cooldown

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Particles

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

What is your suggestion?
    Reduce the particles created by dustcloud by a lot. If possible it disables earth armor, so the user is not visable while using dustcloud, because earth armor is used a lot as earth. People complain about it being spammed, so increase the cooldown by two seconds.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    When ever anyone uses dustcloud in spawn, everyone just spams lag in the chat, and even with particles set at minimal, my game still freezes. It drops everyone's fps by a lot, and people complain it when ever someone uses it. The amount of lag dustcloud creates, discourages many people from using it.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    None

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    Dustcloud creates less lag, less spammable and hopefully used more.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Reduce particles
    Increase cooldown by 2 seconds
    Disables earth armor upon use

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

I don’t have a problem with it?
    But if many people do, +1 becus of lag

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

Just the particles

4. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

get optifine or something its not that many

5. sorceressglinda

sorceressglinda Member

With all due respect sir, the move is extremely laggy. The area of the particles is pretty big. So maybe it’s not a lot of particles per block but all together it’s really laggy.

6. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

I personally don't lag from DustCloud, I do hear quite a few people do though, but i'm not sure there's barely any particles in the move left to remove? It's barely a DustCloud as it is.

As for the cooldown, not sure that's really going to actually help that much on the lag side of things, and as a move I don't think DustCloud is overpowered, as for EarthArmor auto-removing, the Earthbender can remove EarthArmor manually if they need to, not sure you need to take that control away from them, but removing EarthArmor does naturally make a lot of sense when casting DustCloud I guess.

7. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

I don't really think it's an issue with the particles as much as it is with the move itself. Dustcloud and twister are notorious for being unusable for a fair chunk of the playerbase simply because their computers can't handle them. I don't think it's explicitly the particles however since plenty of other moves exist with much more detailed visual effects.

8. LeMinimalist

LeMinimalist Member

+1 . personally i use optifine. i like to turn my particles up to see villager particles and metal cables particles [ @Timtamtatious ]
    , which can not be seen with minimal particles setting . on decreased , its quite laggy , but not after i changed my graphics card from an intel to a nivida one.