Bending Earthsmash - Earthblast - Fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rakion, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..we increase the cooldown of earthsmash, decrease the dmg of earthblast and re-consider the buff the day gives to fire moves.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..at the moment earthsmash is a big move with a long range and high dmg, and high speed but it only has a 3 second cooldown, like what, that's equivalent to earthline's cd.

Earthblast's spammability and its dmg combined with the high dmg of other moves can result into a deadly and most certainly OP combo. You can spam it thus the dmg shouldn't be higher than 1 heart taking in mind other moves do already high enough dmg.

Most of fire's basic moves as I have tested with someone does 2 hearts which is kind of crazy since you can already just execute them pretty quick and they have low cooldowns, so reduce the buff the day gives. I know fire is the element of dmg but with 3 fire moves in the day time you can do half the health of an enemy, tone it down a bit.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..some people who like these moves might be a bit pissed.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..makes fire, and earth more balanced.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)

Earthsmash
    Current state:
    2.5-3 hearts of dmg, 3 second cooldown
    Change it to: 6 second cooldown

Earthblast
    Current state:
    1.5 hearts per blast, about .5 seconds i think im not sure
    Change it to: 1 heart per blast

Fire moves that do 2+ in the day.
    Fireball
    Fireshots (if land all of them)
    Fireblade
    Fireuppercut

Decrease a bit the buff of the fire that the day gives..

2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

3. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

4. SoVeryViolin

SoVeryViolin Member

Yes let’s nerf the two weakest elements

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Imagine calling fire and earth weak lmfao

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SoVeryViolin

SoVeryViolin Member

Relative to air and water? They are lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Power-wise I think only fire is only considered objectively weaker than the other elements late-game - and even then it's still the best option for beginners.

That being said, I don't think earthsmash needs a nerf, and I don't think fire needs another nerf. Earthblast i'm fairly indifferent towards.
    Your reasons behind these changes is balance, but every element has moves that are on-paper stronger than other ones. As a whole though, I haven't really seen any complaining about fire or earth.

8. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

I havent seen anybody use the short cooldown of earthsmash to spam it, and I haven't seen anything about earthblast either. Not from my own experiences and not from other people.

I am not entirely sure what the power multiplier for daytime for firebenders is but I havent really seen it doing anything impactful.

-1 unless you can give me some more well rounded reasons that these changes are nessecary.

9. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

thx for the response especially @Apheri cause hes kinda cute uwu, lock ze thread.

• Friendly Friendly x 1