Bending elytras

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rpd2643, Nov 18, 2018.

?

should elytras be removed

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

I suggest that elytras are to be deactivated in spawn. not only do they give a huge advantage for any player using them in the arena. but it also gives many of the users incentive to run. it is quite annoying having an elytra user fly combust you and firejab and you have no way of hitting them, catching up with them, or even fighting on a fair basis. the mechanism is similar to flight also which gives players less incentive of buying element master to have access to that move and overall completely unfair. it allows players to run, play cheap, and allow anti fall damage without using their own moves.

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..

I suggest that elytras are to be deactivated in spawn.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..

they give a huge advantage for any player using them in the arena. but it also gives many of the users incentive to run. it is quite annoying having an elytra user fly combust you and firejab and you have no way of hitting them, catching up with them, or even fighting on a fair basis. the mechanism is similar to flight also which gives players less incentive of buying element master to have access to that move and overall completely unfair. it allows players to run, play cheap, and allow anti fall damage without using their own moves.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..

many people will be upset that it is deactivated and "claim" they never ran or played unfair with this item.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..

the arena will be so much more fair in a pvp basis.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)

making it so that if a player wearing an elytra enters the spawn they die (what you did with diamond armor).

2. tNuoc

tNuoc New Member

I second this opinion as I do see it as a positive step forward for the PvP balancing of Bending. Although I do have to say, I might be seeing a slight bit of biased as I know you (rpd) mainly play air and with that class having no fall damage you may not be able to see the troubles the other classes feel. So in general, I support this idea but it must be followed by ways to make other classes than air more resilient to fall damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

-1 9/10 times people use elytras in spawn pvp to avoid fall damage and the other 1/10 they use it while fighting, while I understand your opinion on this I don't think elytras are at all a problem and there are much more things to focus on like people using hot pants at spawn pvp to set people on fire.

I don't think elytras are at all an issue.

4. Poke

Poke Member

+1
    Something that is required for fair play, regardless of Avatar.
    To improve on a player's skill, one must be aware of what they are capable of doing and what they are not. For example, FireBenders are limited to FireJet around the ground level to prevent fall damage. By using something to prevent fall damage, they become too reliant on it and thus making it seem pointless to even include fall damage for every element.
    Welcome to Bending.

5. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Ye sure just remove the last purpose of voting,

6. Poke

Poke Member

/topvotes

7. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Negative Aspects
    - Decline investment of legendary keys (votes)
    - Game value will decline
    - Benders without the capability to safely land will die more instantly if launched into the sky
    - WaterBenders (without bottles)
    - EarthBenders (lands on trees or unearthable platform)
    - ChiBlockers
    - Player cleansed​
    - Risk of players leaving (ownerships of Elytras)

This suggestion is already settled with /KorraArena as it doesn't have any player advantages there. ;))

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  8. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

any fight i have been in they run with the elytra that is my personal experience, its not to avoid falldamage fire can use firejet and water can use surge its not biased @tNuoc i play fire as well and i have no issue with it. and @Ivaro voting is something you do to support the server your not supposed to get anything out of it they already offer the chance for the top 10 voters or add watchers to get money for in game buys. which then can be used to buy element master and avatar for flight, which is a move with the same purchase as an elytra. the amount of avatars that abuse the elytra in pvp combat is almost every single one. rarely do i see others using it to prevent fall damage. surge does it firejet does it and earth and air are immune.

9. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

boi nobody uses that except for 1v1's

10. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

you use an elytra to run -_- i have seen you multiple occasions doing it and your avatar so how can you comment about fall damage?

11. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

Stay on topic and keep it friendly, thanx

12. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

just had about 9/10 elytra users fly away with it and heal. its really only avatar who uses elytra which is unfair they heal fly away and come back full with a combustion and just jab.

13. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

-1 not everyone finds this new flight convenient and the Elytra has some advantages over it. For example: it does not have a limitted duration and you can use moves while using it.
    Which already opens up more possibilities than flight could ever have.

And I agree with Ivaro with it removing one of the few useful features voting gives. What happens when voting becomes non-rewarding?
    People won't vote.

Now I already hear ya'll typing about me being a cheap runner and that I'm just defending something to empower myself or whatever.
    That is not the case, in my opinion elytra is a very fun item in combination with bending and I don't suggest it to be removed if you wanna keep bending alive.

What do you think kept it alive anyway what is now removed? Legendaries. Getting offtopic now.

That's it for my rant about why we should keep it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Poke

Poke Member

Elytras are not replacements for the change of moves. Things change, get used to it.
    Regardless, even with the old Flight, people would still use Elytras.
    Why? Because it's convenient;
    1) Prevents fall damage
    2) Running away
    3) Changing of directions midair

Elytras are shortcuts to Bending. Why make yourselves so comfortable.

15. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Because comfort is nice..?

16. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

well as what happened just now in game do you think its fair that ivaro can just fly around me fireshots airblast and fly away and come back with the constant hits at high speed and when he is low he just runs and flys away? i never said remove them from game i said remove from spawn that does not deter the use of voting. right now at its current state it is unfair in pvp combat. if your only voting to gain an item that gives you shortcuts as @Poke said then that is unfair. bending is a game about skill not about unfair advantages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

As I said earlier, it removes the purpose of voting basically. Don’t tell me people are gonna vote so that they can use stuff outside spawn. Bending is made for pvp and that’s what most people do.

Also, you were pretty rude against me a few weeks ago so don’t whine about that I kill you now

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

you kill me by just using firjab and fireshots while flying on your elytra and you run and heal when your low, this post was made because to many players are like you when having an elytra i want it removed from the pvp aspect of the game not the survival. can you show me proof of me being rude? and besides firejab should be getting a nerf soon as well as fireshots

19. Emperor

Emperor Member

youre all making this sound like the reason you want the elytra out is so you dont get annoyed at the fact that people are flying around with it attacking people mindlessly while youre taking this whole thing like a competition to save your lives

if you dont like the elytra, maybe go to /ka. youre not physically tethered to bending

also, try to stay in the discussion like tamba said

20. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

This isn’t a report or something, we both know what i am talking about.

And don’t make things up, i don’t heal.
    There are many people who don’t use elytra, fight them.