SkyGrid Enchanted Golden Apple Trade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by liamRP, Jun 7, 2021.

?

Do you think that the Enchanted Golden Apple trade in spawn should be added?

1. Yes, it will benefit the non-ranked players on the server.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I prefer if enchanted golden apples are not up for trade.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It could potentially cause a problem on the server. (Please list in replies.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Adding the original vanilla crafting recipe is a better idea.

100.0%
  1. liamRP

liamRP Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that Enchanted Golden Apples be added for a trade in the admin shop at /spawn.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because many of the newer players do not have the benefits of a kit which provides enchanted golden apples, so the Celestials and ranks before it will have the easiest road to get to the EcoArmor, particularly Manyullyn Reaper Armor crystal upgrade, which requires 4 golden apples. I think that the amount of new players without ranks have been complaining about this for a while, specifically keagan, who brought this up to me as I am both a celestial and active skygrid player.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that the trade would cost either a dragon egg or a netherite ingot (ideally) and the 1 netherite ingot for 1 enchanted golden apple trade might be harmful towards players trying to get netherite and enchanted golden apples for the purpose of Manyullyn. I think that it would be ideal for another dragon egg trade, as its rare like netherite and only can be produced twice a day. If anyone else has better ideas, please feel free to leave a reply below this thread suggestion.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that players will be able to upgrade their armor without the conflicts of running out of enchanted golden apples, quite rare without the assistance of kits, and join the ranked players in being able to protect themselves in mobarena better. I also think this will help

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by just simply adding it to the admin shop, no issues with plugins should happen as the enchanted golden apple is a vanilla item and shouldn't harm any other server systems.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

i feel like it would be better to just add the vanilla recipe that used to be for it back?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. liamRP

liamRP Member

This sounds like an awesome idea, someone was just asking if they're still craftable, and I just thought about it. Perhaps I should add a poll with that answer.

4. Fembot_vG3

Fembot_vG3 New Member

My only comment is that if it is a dragon egg trade, it may still be prohibitive to newer non-ranked players; the ender dragon is usually defeated quickly after reset by better outfitted players, often also Celestials. Obtaining the ability to summon her again could be cost prohibitive to non-ranked players as they would have to purchase what they needed from shops, and many new, non-ranked players do not have that many diamonds or emeralds.

I propose that for those who do not need them or who are not as concerned with using them, there is a presence in the warps as well, so that players have the option to have access that way. If that is not feasible I would recommend the netherite ingot option, as that will be easier to obtain for many new players.

Edit:
    This is an even better idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bigtuna_

Bigtuna_ Tun[A]dmin Staff Member

Resummoning the dragon is actually quite cheap and already available. It takes 4 ghast tears, 4 eyes of ender, and 28 glass.

Being able to craft them again would be good I think but gold is mega cheap at the moment

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Fembot_vG3

Fembot_vG3 New Member

I agree, it's cheap for those who have been on grid for a bit, but I was thinking more in terms of newer players. However you're right, gold is cheap and also extremely plentiful within the grid itself.

7. liamRP

liamRP Member

This may be true, but with the excess of gold that people obtain from the nether, end, and wherever else that isn't usually used for piglin trade (due to the spawners tossing piglins into the void by default) I think the crafting recipe is our best option and can be more available to newer players as gold is really easy to get and store, there's no purpose for a player to keep it in their inventory unless they use gold armor or use ingots for trade, which most players do not. I definitely agree that the recipe would not only solve the excess of gold but also solve the issue regarding the lack of enchanted gapples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bigtuna_

Bigtuna_ Tun[A]dmin Staff Member

Its easy to get even for new players imo.

Th only thing that is relatively hard is ghast tears and possibly ender pearls. A short time in mob arena will net you plenty ender pearls and a few ghast tears, and my warp will eventually also have ghasts to grind publicly.

If gold is used for the craft it needs to bare minimum require blocks

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fembot_vG3

Fembot_vG3 New Member

I agree with this 100%. Blocks are an excellent idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

okay gold blocks recipe enabled now

• Like Like x 1