Extension to mute appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by TheAlphaCactus, Aug 11, 2018 at 6:37 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAlphaCactus

TheAlphaCactus New Member

I know I've already made my point, but I just want to say a few things. First of all, mentioning server names is NOT advertising. If I were to say "(removed by staff)", it's not like everybody would just drop whatever they're doing and go to (removed by staff). If I had said "everybody go play on (removed by staff)", that would be advertising. You're basically saying that shouting something stupid like "I ate an apple yesterday", that's advertising apples and deserves a mute. It isn't. Not only that, but there were multiple people bypassing the filter saying things like (removed by staff). If they don't get a mute, I don't see why I should get one. There were also a lot of people with ranks breaking rules by flooding the chat and spamming useless things, but they didn't get muted at all. I'm fine with keeping my mute, but I'm just saying, you guys really need to fix your rules and what monitors them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018 at 12:34 AM
  2. Whiist

Whiist Admin Staff Member

Your analogy is not accurate at all.
    Mentioning a server name IS considered advertising.

Definition of advertising/Advertisement;
    [​IMG]

In-game chat is a public chat. You mentioning another server (Which is a product&Service) is advertising, Even if you haven't said "Go to this server" You've said a server name that has publicly given them recognition on another product (This server) which is promoting it.

If you weren't so ignorant about it I'd of happily gone back and looked at your appeal and more than likely removed the mute if you just said you were confused.. (I'd of explained it and then unmuted you once you understood) but the fact it seems you're so persistent that our system is at fault your mute will remain which expires in less than 24 hours.

As for others so called bypassing it, in future you can report them and they will be dealt with as you now know it's against the rules.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TheAlphaCactus

TheAlphaCactus New Member

Well, I apologize for being so ignorant. Sorry if I caused any problems, I know it was just a mute. I'll try to shut up from now on. Thanks for the explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.