Factions Factions Alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tamba3, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Should alts be allowed on Factions, but only with a strict set of conditions?

This poll will close on Feb 9, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
  1. Yes

61.1%
  2. No

27.8%
  3. Not sure if this would be a good idea

11.1%
  1. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

This idea came about from a Staff's point of view, some remarks that's been made on factions about other factions allowing alts and (sadly of all things) a dream I had

What is your suggestion?

I suggest that Factions players are allowed to use alts

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    - From a Staff's point of view it is a royal pain to prove or disprove if a user is an alt or not.
    - I have also seen many times when Factions players have mentioned that other servers allow alts to boost their member numbers and that alts are a common thing on these servers.
    - It would help to keep the factions community more honest and up front.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Allowing alts could encourage players trying to bypass a ban.
    Current accounts that could be cheating atm could get found out with the new conditions

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    - This idea would stop the countless arguments and accusations ingame, on forums and on discord if a certain player is an alt or not.
    - It would also reduce the amount of (current) rule - breakers that try to sneak another account in purely for the reason of afk'ing or boosting members for more claims and power
    - It may be a small source of income for the server if an 'alt rank' would be implemented
    - It would boost player count (granted, a very quiet player base)

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    There would have to be a certain process to be followed in order to allow an alt or alts on factions
    - an Factions Alt rank [FA], say for $5 per alt (per season?) will identify a user as being an alt and will stop other players trying to report the account for breaking the rules.
    - The alt has to be 'registered' on forums under the name of the main account (owner) and what faction the account holder is part of (this does not mean you have to be the leader of the faction)
    - it is only allowed to be part of the same faction as the registered owner
    - the alt is not allowed to be connected to a current ban
    - the alt IS ONLY allowed to be used on factions, this is where the [FA] rank would come in handy to identify them if they break the rules and use them on other servers on the network.

Josh would have to create a new [FA] rank and set up buycraft to sell the rank

I think if this get implemented it would have to be from next season onward.
    Every one would start with a clean slate to stop finger pointing and accusations of what happened or was done in the past.

2. Besett

Besett Active Member

I don’t have any alts but sure +1 the thing is... what if someone just continues to do what they are doing now and doesn’t need to register alt or whatever. Aswell as now it changes from “bs staff don’t ban FreeBreadSticks” to “bs I payed 5 dollars and FreeBreadSticks didn’t” aswell as the issue of kinda being p2w not everyone has access to 30 alts. One solo could win the map just by use 5 accounts to afk. On the other hand it would be a better solution just to make alts allowed network wide with maybe a cap of like 2 per player (or perhaps a per faction amount?)

3. tamba3

If we find out they will get hit with the ban hammer

4. Besett

Besett Active Member

I do see where this suggestion was going it just it is too dependent on faction players being honest (which is not a good goal). I could go on some sketchy alt website buy 10 alts for 50 cents then use 50 buycraft to get all of them Alt rank, now I virtually have 11 accounts to use which gets more then 750 power, basically infinite afk spots, and most importantly an unfair advatage. Imagine someone else can’t get 10 alts and then makes 1/10 the money because of this. Plus the ban hammer thing, u need to catch the alts and provide significant evidence which now barely ever happens (staff are trying just u can’t rlly get a lot of proof with logs and ips alone) so what is stopping the same people from just continuing. Like this suggestion is good but it just opens the can of worms to misleading and even worse practices then pretending u have a sibling or something.

5. YOSHIGAMER

YOSHIGAMER New Member

Although I see the problems this would fix I also believe that allowing alts would make factions extremely pay to win. It would get to a point where if you didn’t have any alts then you didn’t have a chance to get any portion of the ftop prizes. Also it wouldn’t be as fun if you had no chance at being a top faction which would eventually drive away a lot of the current players. All the top factions that had payed the most for alts would completely crush all other players/factions.

6. tamba3

The member cap per faction would still stay the same. I am pretty sure atm a lot of facs use other accounts as power slaves anyways, maybe siblings, family members or the dog's account.

The idea of charging $5 per alt was just an afterthought of making a few dollars for the server, but is not a must, I am pretty sure Josh could set something similar up for Admins to use a command to give the [FA] tag as we have atm with the Helper tags, as its just a prefix/suffix.

Sounds reasonable that a cap of allowed alts per player could be set.

Pretty sure some of you already using power slaves, so nothing really would change except you guys owing up to the fact that you have an 'alt' doing the afk'ing for you >.>

I see where you coming from, but this is already happening here and now. If you go on facs around daily restart time, there will be 10 or more players online but not a word is spoken and when you try to talk to them you get no answer. A quick check will show you that they are all afk'ing at their grinders

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ThoriumFluoride

ThoriumFluoride Member

+1 will save so much time and effort for staff and will prevent many FALSE bans