Factions FACTIONS SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pleber, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Pleber

Pleber Active Member

I know there are already many factions suggestions out there, just adding a few more to the mix.

What is your suggestion?
    1. Slimeballs worth more
    2. Not allowed to place spawners in unclaimed chests
    3. Chunk busters more expensive
    4. Collate all of autosell notifications into one line

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..
    1. Currently slime spawners cost 3x more than an enderman spawner, and give you 4x less money for selling loot.
    2. This map is all coming down to who has the most hidden f top value in unclaimed vaults, and people are planning on claiming the vaults right at the end of the season.
    3. It's very cheap to get your hands on a chunk buster, and yes they are awesome but they are also used as grief a little bit (nether is a pain to get away from spawn).
    4. I like seeing how much I'm making when im autoselling chests, however if you have a large farm with lots of signs you get spammed with loads of messages if you want to keep seeing how much you're making. Would it be possible to add perhaps a grand total at the end of the list, or just collate it all into one figure.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    1. Change in economy
    2. People may have to make larger bases, risk more in their bases
    3. More expensive to make bases.
    4. Seems like just a nice add on to me.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    1. People wouldn't just use enderman, slime farms are interesting farms as you have to find a slime chunk and create the farm at certain y levels. It seems silly to have to pay so much for a spawner and have it worth so little.
    2. It stops the problem of people getting their vaults xrayed which is almost impossible to then prove, encourages more innovative base design, means a factions f top value is a true reflection of their worth, not what worth they are showing.
    3. It is still possible to mine out a chunk, this iis a luxurious option, getting your hands on 100k is very easy I would suggest having them more in the 500k region.
    4. Less spam in chat, ability to have a large farm and actually keep ascn on.
    How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This isn't my strong aspect I'll be honest, and with aspects like this implemented on other servers I'm sure it is very achievable with plugins/coding. (If it is not I am happy to do research into how these can actually be put into action).

@PhanaticD said in game it would be worth putting these in suggestions just so we have them on record, apologies if they're not perfectly worded or completely coherent.

Alsoooo, bump on Thor's thread: https://phanaticmc.com/threads/creepers-drop-tnt-next-map.36876/

Gratzi minemen

2. Besett

Besett Active Member

+1 for the unclaimed vault thing, -1 for slimes. I thinks slimes should maintain a high value spawner that basically is like a cash spawner. Chunk busters should stay the same price because early game it may be hard to make a base in overworld without spending tons. Trench tnt should be nerfed however as people have been using it to grief more then chunkbusts. (sand explosions/tunneling walls) or maybe even removed as no1 needs it with chunk busts and it is not used to its main purpose. (clearing for base)

3. BlueFlame172

BlueFlame172 Member

-1 all of this does not need to be added. If you were to not put spawners in unclaimed chests, you should have just said make vaults bannable or not allowed because that is what you are trying to say. Also chunk busters are fine and everything else is fine the way it is. Make it worth the suggestion.

or make suggestion for 1 of these at a time it would help soo much you are making too many suggestions in one fourm post. Would change my answer...

one more thing. Someone that wanted to make the world smaller in the overworld... caused bases to be found easier. With removing vaults you should set world back to its original size because we would have to defend more often from having everything at the base. Just makes sense.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. vitskalle

vitskalle Active Member

i cant read sorry but i agree with 4

5. Pleber

Pleber Active Member

No need to be an ass.

Valid point could just make vaults bannable but that is just making the same point as me, however you are slightly altering it just so you are disagreeing with me lol. Also, it's much more difficult to keep tabs on every player and ban them for unclaimed vaults, unless you expect staff to go through all players /homes to check if they are vaults, meaning having an actual plugin that would have the same effect makes much more sense. Before you bad mouth an idea just to be difficult perhaps put a bit more thought into it. You have said '-1 all of this does not need to be added', however you are agreeing with the most serious and logical point i have made. Pipe down.

I very deliberately wanted to put a couple of suggestions in one so that in one reading you could see the changes I would want implemented, rather than sifting through 4 threads. Also points such as chunk busters, slimeballs and autosell are very minor details that would not be worth making an entire thread about individually, therefore it is much better to simply slide them into a thread where the most interesting factor is spawners in unclaimed chests (vaults).

I agree that if vaults are to be eliminated then a larger overworld would make sense.

Fix up your negative tone, it's not a good look. I'm just trying to be proactive in ensuring next map is as enjoyable as possible for all players.

6. vitskalle

vitskalle Active Member

Pleber ur sexy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

He doesnt have a negative tone, he's giving criticism. There's a very big difference. If you perceive it as offensive toward you then you're misinterpreting it because there's not a single thing in his message that indicates he's trying to be an ass. And as a disclaimer, I'm clarifying, not trying to start anything.

8. Pleber

Pleber Active Member

I appreciate you're not trying to start anything, but why are you getting involved.

You have nothing to say regarding my suggestion or the factions community, nor have I ever seen you on there. If you knew about the community on factions you may know that the person who was being an ass is a toxic player who has just been banned for hacking. Also if you spent more time reading what has actually been said in this thread rather than trying to flex your english skills with an eloquently written message. You may notice that he is disapproving a thread that he fundamentally agrees with. He is also saying I should make a thread worth suggesting which in my opinion is being an ass. He is toxic in game and has only commented on this thread because he wants to badmouth something I have made.

Also claiming he would have changed his answers if they were in different posts is flawed logic. Either you agree with the point or not.

I'm not upset about him being an ass, It's just frustrating when you make a very valid suggestion that the owner has specifically asked to be put on the forums so we had a record of the conversation we had in game, for a player to come and badmouth it just because they have a problem with me, especially when they actually agree with my main point.

Also have you noticed the player in question has not replied to my comment, whilst being active on forums. Suggesting he has nothing to say in response to me as he can clearly see he was out of line and has no logic behind his post.

I would say thanks for your input, however you haven't had anything beneficial to the factions community to say. Perhaps spend a little more time trying to make a positive change rather than nitpicking suggestions that have nothing to do with you to increase your forums clout.

9. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

People getting called out for typing correctly. Nice.

10. ThoriumFluoride

ThoriumFluoride Member

well he's not wrong....

11. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

I just saw you lashing out at him while he made a somewhat ridicioulous comment, sure, but nothing explicitly hateful in it (I once saw somebody get their suggestion denied for having more than 1 per thread as well), and figured I'd stop a fight before it started. I may not be a factions player but that doesnt mean I dont know anything about it or I'm not qualified to comment on these threads. And I don't mean to "flex my english skills" it's just the way I type, I'm sorry if it bothers you. I'll lay off now and I'm sorry for interfering, just know that my intentions were good. this'll be my last comment on this thread

12. PrisonerNo371049

PrisonerNo371049 New Member

13. Pleber

Pleber Active Member

Finding one line from 3 long messages to pick on. Nice. Thanks for your input buddy.

14. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

I read all of it, I just won’t react to it as I don’t play factions and my opinion wouldn’t be worth much. I just think that calling someone out for good grammar isn’t really nice.