Bending Fair Fights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beowu1f, Jan 13, 2020 at 5:12 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that the command similar to /duel [person] be implemented. The command can fully heal both people in the beginning of the fight, and make damage dealing only possible for the people who agreed to be in the 1v1, meaning teaming will be impossible. The bending from the fighters will only affect the people in the 1v1, meaning they will not be able to affect other people. When no damage has been dealt in 5 minutes (might be too long, open for debate), the "duel protection" will end, making it an open fight. This command can be used in both /bending and /ka.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..i don't like teaming or being teamed on, and i think this way can make a fight more fair.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is.. i'm not sure if it would take a long time to create such a plug in, people can use /duel as protection in spawn, and just hit eachother so that no one else can kill them. Abusing the Invulnerability side of the cmd

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..it eliminates teaming, gives people a chance of fair fighting, can be used in /bending and /ka

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. putting work in creating such a plug in or finding one that is similar to one already existing and editing it. (I will post a plugin similar to 1v1 dueling when i find one)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020 at 6:06 PM
  2. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

There may be a scenario where an airbender may be using airshield and a person outside of the fight is using earthblast to attack someone else. In my ideal cmd\coding, the fighters bending can only affect eachother, so if possible, outside bending can go thru the fighters airshield to attack their opponent who isnt in the 1v1.
    I'm sure there will be other scenarios that need to be explained thoroughly. If this suggestion is confusing or just too much coding, i suggest checking this thread out: https://phanaticmc.com/threads/duel-on-ka-bending.39403/

3. Lubdan

Lubdan New Member

While the premise is understandable, It seems to be the same as a duel plugin with one trade off:
    The positive over a duel:
    1. People can watch
    2. Fight where you want

The Negatives compared to a duel:
    1. Potentially lower fps
    2. People running away
    3. People potentially abusing this to 'spectate' in spawn.
    4. People can still interrupt, I do not see a way for them to disable collisions with people's moves even if they are not inside the duel, but my knowledge of PK is obviously lower than that of Phan's so perhaps this is possible. Someone could, for example, abuse raise earth or icewall to interrupt and mess with fighters, along with changing the environment with moves that create lava etc (and there would be little in the way of preventing this)

Assuming all that is understood, either way, assuming my third point under negatives isn't an issue, I don't see how this could hurt.
    +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

I was just thinking about the Spectating Abuse, and i thought a duel can only last 5 minutes after the challenge has been accepted and the 1v1 will end if no damage is dealt in 30 seconds. Also the /cmd can only be used if both people are not in the spawn protection area..

If one person runs away in the duel, there can be a distance limit between both players. If one person goes outside of that limit, the one with most hearts will be considered the winner.

The potential change of environment other people can make can be annoying to the fighters, but they can just go around it. The main reason i want it to be accessible anywhere is so that the environment itself can be a variable of the unknown thus avoid a boring flat surface. Waterbenders can fight in the ocean if they wanted, or airbenders can fight in player made platforms at spawn. The possibilities of the arena is endless.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020 at 8:25 PM
  5. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Not too sure about this. Idea is nice but it seems to have more potential negatives than positives.
    Im gonna wait out my vote for now

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

7. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Im voting for lubdans version. Not that yours is bad, its just that that one supports a more controlled environment.

8. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

yea this isnt even a option imo, there will be arenas added soon

9. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

Sounds good to me, i also liked Lubdan's version
    The main positive i thought of from my idea was the endless possible places people can fight, but it is true that the possible negative aspects does out weigh the positive aspects.
    Can you go ahead and close this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.