Bending Fall Damage Reduction

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Infidante, Jul 2, 2019.

?

Should this change be made?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Yes, but by a different amount

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Infidante

Infidante Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that Chi's passive, fall damage reduction, is increased by about 2.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because Chi takes fall damage when using high jump and/or acrobat stance, which makes both feel very clunky.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that fall damage against Chi is even weaker.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that acrobat stance and high jump work better.

How can this suggestion be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by increasing the value of "FallReductionFactor" from 0.5 on line 1245 of the projectkorra config. (Info from Apheri, location may not be 100% accurate)

2. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

I suggest you use CombatRoll for this

3. Infidante

Infidante Member

Combat roll is great for long falls, but this would make highjump and acrobatstance better by not taking the damage upon use; Even landing on even ground, highjump can make you take damage.

4. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

CombatRoll isn't meant for long falls only, but for everything that has to do with fall damage. Why would you still want something to reduce the fall damage even tho there is a move specially made for this? So far, I don't agree with this idea.

5. Infidante

Infidante Member

If you use combatroll for the short falls you take from highjump and acro, then it's on a 6 second cd. This is really bad if you're, say, fighting an airbender. You highjump away to escape an attack, and use your combatroll to stop your fall damage from interrupting your escape. Then, then blast you into the sky and into the ground. It's an instant kill, all because you used combatroll to stop the fall damage from before.

Then, there's the alternate reality where the passive is increased. You don't need to use combatroll to escape the airbender, and thus have it for their next attack. You still have to avoid jumping off of cliffs and stuff, as you still take fall damage. However, at least your own movement option doesn't kill you.

6. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

Good point. The first two sentences already changed my mind and I give it a +1. The fall damage shouldn't be taken away of course, but it can be debuffed a bit.

7. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

By the way, do you mean increased or decreased in the suggestion itself? Because if it were to be increased, then I still give this a -1.

8. Infidante

Infidante Member

I'm confused by what you mean. What is the thing you don't want increased? I'm suggesting a small FallDamageReduction increase so Chi doesn't take damage from highjump/acro, which you appear to agree with here:

9. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

Oh like that. Yea I was confused a little bit. Ignore that second message.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  10. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

-1 Wtf chi already has combat roll, which in my opinion takes away chi's fall damage weakness way too much.

11. Infidante

Infidante Member

It's not like fall damage won't exist, but it won't happen when using highjump or acrobatstance. Using those, Chi usually takes fall damage that interrupts running/jumping with the hit effect.

Chi still takes fall damage, just a little less, so the previously mentioned moves work better.

12. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

What do you mean it takes it away too much? If you're chi do you wanna just be launched into space and let the fight be lost? Combatroll is something chi desparately needed to avoid such situations and put up an actual fight instead of *SPLAT* 9 / 10 times

13. Infidante

Infidante Member

14. PandaBabyBear

PandaBabyBear New Member

I don't think this should be changed. At least Chi is somewhat balanced with the ability to take fall damage.

15. Infidante

Infidante Member

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  16. PandaBabyBear

PandaBabyBear New Member

What if we just decreased the cool down for combat roll then. Not by too much though.

17. Infidante

Infidante Member

Idk, the whole point of the suggestion was making highjump and acro not make you take fall damage when used. That would have you still have to stop moving to perform the move before continuing. I don't think roll needs a buff, I just think high and acro need to feel smoother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PandaBabyBear

PandaBabyBear New Member

Actually yeah maybe high jump shouldn't have fall damage. Not sure about acro.

19. Infidante

Infidante Member

20. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

tbh ur lucky combatroll was even added. I do not think this should be added. it would change chis fight style in an over powered way.