Bending firejet (jetblaze) lightning combustion spiritualpresure

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rpd2643, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:40 PM.

1. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that you extend the cooldown on firejet (and the jetblaze combo) or change the cooldowns much higher for lightning and combustion.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because currently when activating firejet it takes 2 seconds before activating it again. many players have been taking this cooldown and abusing it by spamming the short cooldown of lightning and spiritualenergy and combustion and permanently being in the air if these moves had a great increase in cooldown it would be beneficial for fire so the element itself is more stable and not nerfed due to abuse of the low charge low cooldown 5 heart hitters.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is people will complain.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is makes the configuration more balanced.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by changing the cooldowns.

2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

you should be more specific in your suggestions, what exactly do you want them changed to?

people will complain about everything, think of other reasons why this might possibly be bad or shouldnt be done

dont just say "it will be more balanced" describe why you think it will be more balanced

3. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Jetblaze? Meh, not really needed. I’d rather have it changed for jetblast.
    Lightning? Mhm, maybe, but not too long.
    Combustion? Yes i agree.

4. Faurash

Faurash Member

Combustion is Emaster only, so, i think that's fine too.
    I think it's fine the way it is, too, you can always dodge, or block, or whatever.

5. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

I'm not entirely understanding what you're saying the issue is but...
    FireJet has a 7 second coooldown.
    JetBlast has a 6 second cooldown. (But triggers&requires FireJet so may aswell have a 7 second cooldown.)
    JetBlaze has a 15 second cooldown.

Combustion is maybe a little bit OP with it's accuracy, range, AoE, and burning crater, it's only real downside is being hit, inwhich the caster explodes instead which is a powerful hit to them, overall it's balanced I think, but so many fights can become dependant on this one event I find. (I don't like fights being determined solely on one small factor or event.) And so I think Combustion should have an added cooldown to make this kind of event happen less often.

And I believe Lightning is balanced, it has slightly higher damage for a move of it's type but that's pretty much it's only main advantage, meanwhile AirSwipe has an arc and is charge-swappable, and EarthSmash can block attacks, and Torrent has a higher DPS than Lightning not to mention can freeze people. Obviously none of these moves are completely comparable, but still Lightning will tend to lose to a lot of abilities.

SpiritualEnergy has less DPS than most moves generally although i've heard about the large knockback causing people to be hit repeatedly from it. But definitely don't think SpiritualEnergy is near the realm of needing a nerf.

However the synergy of being able to charge abilities while flying on FireJet can be slightly OP, and so an added cooldown to FireJet could be good, however Firebenders currently require FireJet as it is to avoid fall damage.

Overall I Think:
    An increased cooldown to Combustion would be good.

FireJet cooldown: 7 > 10 seconds. (No longer wanted.)
    Combustion cooldown: 5 > 10 seconds.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 5:27 PM
  6. Faurash

Faurash Member

I disagree with the firejet cooldown, since firebenders depend a lot on mobility, as they lack any other kind of defense. It would make them a lot easier to hit, and far more susceptible to fall damage when fighting against air or earth.

7. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

The point of fire is it’s high damage and low mobility...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Faurash

Faurash Member

No, high damage and low defense. Mobility isn't as high as air or chi, but it still should be far above things like water and earth.
    High damage and low mobility is earth, not fire.

9. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Right, i remembered incorrect.
    Tho earth has nice mobility in the series as well? We’ve seen people surfing earth and using those earthshoes the dai li have.

10. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

I still feel like Firebenders depend on FireJet too much when they should have more better options, but yes, Firebenders would need more ways to avoid fall damage before a cooldown could be added to FireJet.

Also Earth is great at rigid focused directed high damage, but fire could still more easily start wide infernos and was the more, dangerous, destructive and damaging element in the series.

• Agree Agree x 1