Bending flyingkick

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ivaro, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Should flyingkick's cooldown be nerfed?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we give flyingkick a bigger cooldown

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because flyingkick has like zero cooldown and gives chi almost the mobility of airblast. this is very op and not how chi works, chi's main weakness is supposed to be mobility and range.
    it makes no sense for a chiblocker, which is based on nothing but martial arts, to be able to be as fast or faster than air, the literal element of movement and speed. change it to maybe 4/5 seconds?
    What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is...
    abusers will get mad?

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that chi will be a bit more balanced again

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. changing the cd in the config im not sure how.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

+1, I think we should add more chi mobility but with slightly longer cooldowns, similar to HighJump

3. OitzaZ

OitzaZ Member

I think it's quite stupid, all elements have mobility and a way to escape, not saying nerf every element but don't remove chi's mobility, it's as good as it is. Good players will keep up, bad ones will die.

4. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

chi has never been an element of mobility. it makes no sense that we can infinitely kick through the air without any skill. its still a human.

5. OitzaZ

OitzaZ Member

If you take it that way, air has too much mobility too, every element does. Just because a good chi's beat you it doesn't mean you can cry mate. Air has many options against chi and mobility, I get it, it's mobility, but if anything from chi gets nerfed it's destroyed, if airblast gets nerfed, air has so many other moves like airspout, airbreath, airsuction, airscooter, nimbus and so on to bring itself back up. Earth has shockwave to get rid of chi, anything to do with lava and earth smash. Water is water, mobility and freeze, chi can touch them but harder when in a pond, still can but it's hard, because it's good atm against any element. Fire is more of a 1shot/lot of damage outter atm so chi can't really stand a chance if it has less mobility, hope u understand where I'm getting at.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

chi was doing fine at killing before this was added?

7. OitzaZ

OitzaZ Member

Wdym? Chi was fine before the post or the new moves? If you mean before the post, chi is doing perfectly fine, if you mean before the new moves, chi was skill-less.

8. DarkDestinyxz

DarkDestinyxz New Member

I do think it should be nerfed but Chi's weakness is not mobility. If anything Chi is based off mobility hence the reason for both Acrobatic and NinjaStance. But yes, FlyingKick could use a little nerf on the cool down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Sorry, let me clarify myself.
    With ‘mobility i meant any unnatural ways of movement, of course chi is very acrobatic and things like flyingkick are nice for that. My point is that chiblockers kicking across the battlefield with the speed of airblast doesn’t make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Chiblockers being able to spam flyingkick is a bug. There is a (albeit short) cooldown on it, but chiblockers are able to bypass it and use the move anyway regardless if it's on cooldown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

+1 yes please its ridiculous because one hit from chi is 5 hearts added with ridiculous mobility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RaptorKillz

RaptorKillz New Member

+1 I agree

13. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

+1 FlyingKick has rapidly become quite possibly the most useful move for ChiBlockers because of it's accurate and repeatable mobility among other things and should definately have a cooldown.

However the fact it doesn't have a cooldown is a bug, it's supposed to have a 4 second cooldown.

Although that still seems short to me given HighJump has a 5 second cooldown for a similar motion that doesn't deal damage and is more likely to deal fall damage I think FlyingKick should definately atleast have a longer cooldown than HighJump's Lunge.

14. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

fixed, sorry didnt notice this before I think this was posted when i got sick

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Ty!