Factions Gapple Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JackAxis, Jun 11, 2019.

?

Yes no?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I think Factions need's a mixup pvpwise, In 2015-2016 it was all about healing pots and carrying around 5-10 E-Apples. I think there should be an E-Apple cool down or they should be raised in price highly.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    If this doesn't happen the server's pvp will die and it will simply be a 10 minute fight, everyones armor will of broken and they would've run away. There is no skill to pvp if gapples stay how they are because people literally eat them like they're a snack.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that people are going to have to adapt to a change, but a change is good in a gamemode like factions.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    PvP is a massive part of factions but due to E-Apple's current state it becomes repetitive and boring because there is no 'death' unless it's in /1v1 and there is never a quickdrop which discludes all skill. By nerfing the gapple in these ways it could improve pvp and bring back the nostalgic feeling of 2015 pvp :)

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Said above

PS: Josh, I would love to see this get accepted/denied before the release so it could be present in the new factions.

2. Besett

Besett Active Member

huge -1 from me, I find that healpots are very very inconsistent and I would hate to really need to use them to keep me alive. Pvp is now much better with new warzone, no bowboosting and no hellforged.

3. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

I agree with Besett with no bowboosting and no hellforged we should keep this. -1

4. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

It should at least be made more expensive, a fight nowadays literally consists of eating about 43 Enchanted golden apples and then running away from each other with no real winner.

5. Besett

Besett Active Member

now running will be hard and armor will break alot faster with no hf so i think its ok.

6. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

It won't be hard, wilderness will be about 400 blocks away as usual, that is about 40 seconds worth of gapple (4 Gapples=40k?) and that's with running. You can easily enderpearl with speed 2 and you'll get there in about 20 seconds flat. If you get an enderpearl ahead of everyone else you instantly got away. Every single fight at south is a gapple munching competition until they see there armour is low and then they peace.

7. RadenAxis

RadenAxis New Member

I think this would be a massive help to factions. It would change things up and make it more interesting therefore increasing how long people play for.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jubjub5002

Jubjub5002 Member

This would actually help a lot, everyone is tired of 40 minute fights and then whoever the winner is out of that fight gets very damaged or no armor at all. Doing away of the Gapples or nerfing of Gapples will be very bennificial to the factions community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

The Skill gap will be so small if the gaps are buffed/kept the same.
    There needs to be more incentive towards pvp than just having a state of mind as 'I have 5 sets and 55 gaps on me, let's fight' then turns out everyone else does and it's a fight that just lasts ages and never has an outcome.

10. StarWalker

StarWalker Member

tbh raising the price would mean nothing later in the map, which is when most ppl would pvp

11. Besett

Besett Active Member

Pots are wayyy too inconsistent. If this is added I will be very very hesitant to pvp anyone as pots are just not reliable enough. The pvp meta will be better as hellforged/bow boosting is removed. The warzone is now not flat ground. This is a not needed bad addition imo.

12. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

In 2015, pots weren’t the only thing relied on. We relied on 1. Skill 2. Normal Apples 3. An occasional god apple 3. Healing pots. I’m permanently playing phanatic with 90-120ms, obviously potting and using other healing features i have to be more accurate and time it better. Missing pots isnt about how pots works it’s about how YOU use them. If this is added, i’ll personally make a youtube video showing
    how to pot on phan.

Also @PhanaticD if the pots are a little off which there is a chance i’ll provide you proof and introduce you to a couple pot plugins.

13. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

link me one as I have never heard of such a thing in my life

14. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/fastpot-anti-pot-lag.29592/
    This is currently the plugin that most practice servers have been using to tweak their pots. If no they have their own plugin for it. Ive never messed with the plugin personally but if you can only have fastpot for certain pots and not make the mistake of making debuffs fast pot this could be great. Maybe have a little test with the plugin on kitpvp?

15. PhanaticD

that just makes them go faster it looks like, i dont see how that fixes anything "broken"

16. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

No so basically (no hate to phanatic, i’m offering this suggestion because of besett.) phanatics pots can be delayed or just not come through, fastpot is pretty much a safeguard that if you turn around and pot, unless you completely wiff it, you’re guaranteed the pot healing. It makes the pot come through faster too because it makes the pot detection better and more accurate (less delayed.) as ive said, i currently have no issue with pots but if other think that potting would effect this suggestion then FastPot would definitely work. I understand your not going to like it but if i need to take you on a practice server to show you how it works between different pings i will.

17. PhanaticD

so its just people with shitty internet who have a problem

18. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

No, i believe besett has good ping actually. Im not complaining about the pots and I got 90+ ping. I was just saying that it helps every type of connection. If i was to summarise that plugin i’d simply say, PotFast reduces delays from the pots and when the pot is thrown it is instantly detected and heals the player. Default potting takes time and sometimes bugs out and doesnt work leading to people dying from “pots not working” which is usually because people dont know how to pot... this plugin makes it that any skill level can turn around and heal theirself very quickly. You could just test this on kitpvp to see what i mean.

19. PhanaticD

i have never noticed anything wrong with them, and only when using special modifications do they not work right which is why i made it normal again, so please go on kitpvp and record one bugging out so ik what you are on about

20. JackAxis

JackAxis Active Member

I’m not the one who’s wanting it. It’s just a resolution for everyone. Im not home tonight but i’ll do it tomorrow night. I’d like to say that on factions potting will be different to kitpvp because people are going to take more hits which means higher kb which means higher chance of the pot being missed when having to heal yourself mid-air. Also it’s basically impossible to accurately pot when being 2v1’d without potfast because you get pushed left and right in the air making the pot fly to the side of you. (I tested this last map, but didnt have an issue because i relied on e-apples)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.