Bending Healing Waters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lubdan, Mar 23, 2020.

?

Agree?

1. yes

30.8%
  2. no

69.2%
  1. Lubdan

Lubdan Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that healing waters not be usable while in combat.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because water is insanely unbalanced due to being able to heal mid fight. Water can already throw up walls, using multiple different methods, hold you down for an upwards of 10 seconds using their easy to hit from a distance freezing abilities, then to top it off, heal in a place where very few moves can actually hit them (underwater). Water can hold it's own without healing; in fact I would say it's the most broken element without even adding healing to the stack, hence why you don't see good waterbenders using it in fights already; but it's an honor system. It's broken if someone can quite literally have infinite health quite easily due to the freezing mechanics listed earlier along with their movement and other abilities.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Nothing.
    What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    It will work to balance out the elements and give other elements an actual chance against water benders who abuse this. Being the only element who can constantly heal is quite literally the definition of unbalanced, looking at other elements and how the damage to defense stacks up, water is in the top end already, they don't need to be the only element with healing as well.
    How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by changing the healing code. If you can't figure it out Lubdan#0420, depending on the combat tag plugin used & it's API I can probably do it pretty easily.

2. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

-1 It's important to stay hydrated

• Agree x 2
    • Cookie x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. xScheermes

xScheermes New Member

Whahahahaha TonTon ur a legend WHAHHAHAa

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

This is bogus

All i read was "remove this move from pvp bcuz op"

Seriously, consider being more creative about fixing the balancing issues

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

No. It's like ‘Disable bending in combat’

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Honestly I wouldn't mind putting this suggestion through if it didn't read like a post-fight vent session, going off on every reachable tangent possible. I already held most of these opinions and still felt like I was digging in the rough to try and agree - I can't imagine how much of an uphill battle it would be for anyone else.

7. Lubdan

Lubdan Member

How do you recommend I spruce this up to be more creative..? The issue is one element has infinite health if they play it in a certain way, making it impossible to kill if unless there is a drastic skill imbalance. Any recommendations on more 'creative' nerfs? My suggestion would still allow for the move to be useful for healing between fights and what not, just not used to cheese fights.

8. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

Perhaps my other reaction was a little off-topic and I should be straight about what I think.

I agree and can't deny that waterbenders heal themselves a lot and therefore can win most of the fights. They already own their own kind of territory which is hard for all other elements to bend on. When people try to eliminate a waterbender, it is honestly a good struggle and mostly because they can escape from their enemies quickly (besides other waterbenders) and heal themselves to later return back into combat whilst the non-waterbender didn't get the chance to heal or are not able to chase the waterbender once they need healing and swim away.

This is a situation I could think of and therefore I'd like to say that I do not WANT want this added, but it does sound like a good idea. I feel like too much will be taken away, but it can be me. I'll just wait for upcoming posts to this suggestion to add my final say (maybe).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

I like completely agree but the tone of the suggestion and the exaggeration makes it kinda wack. The better water benders do try to heal less though just because if a good water bender plays extremely campy then it is very hard to win. A lot of water benders rely on this believing it is fine and it has been on the server for a long time so some kind of nerf or another way to make heal camping less effective would be good. That is why I tried to nerf icewall cooldown/duration because you can have 3 up at once, but lots of players disagreed with even that.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  10. xScheermes

xScheermes New Member

No, just no, healingwaters is just a normal move for a water bender, and why should alliavate and infest stay in the game? If healingwatbers is gone. So no. And the negative suspects? u say nothing, but there definitely is, because if healing waters must be removed al the other healing moves would be removed because that's the same story.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

-1 horrible idea and not useful at all.

it would make the move practically useless.

12. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

100%

13. Pride

Pride Member

did you try attacking them?:relieved-small:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Electricity

Electricity Well-Known Member

agreed, -1