Factions How to Create A Decent Base

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by sunwolfx, Sep 24, 2016.

1. sunwolfx

sunwolfx Active Member

*Disclaimer, the word decent is used because most people get raided*

Hello, today I'll write about the many base types I've encountered. There's also an order on some of them that you should follow if you're aiming for an above-ground base.

1. Nomad
    Okay this one isn't really a base style, it's where your base is. The nomad travels and may leave behind small huts or tunnels after gathering resources from an area. They don't usually alter landscape, garden, or produce anything from their surroundings.
    2. Underground base, step 1
    This is the first step in acquiring an above ground base. There can be 1 of 2 ways to do this, depending on if you want to claim your land.
    Type 1 involves making a tunnel and covering it back up. Set your home (/sethome) and then go down into the ground around 16 above bedrock. Then make a small area and gradually mine some around it. If you have other members in your faction, have them set home here so you don't have problems getting up and down through the surface.
    Type 2 is making a small base- above ground- and then raiding it. Make it look griefed and believable, leave a chest there with some crappy loot no one would want. Then, claim your land, and go beneath the surface after setting home. Set your F home (/F sethome) underneath at your underground base, and you'll have a great disguise.
    3. Small above ground base step 2
    This is after you have gathered enough to build above ground. Do /F power and make sure it's 20/20 before doing this. To achieve this power, stop dying. Build a small hut or house either outside or in the side of a mountain, and gradually gather materials for your ultimate base. A small garden would be helpful. Don't kill mobs, round them up.
    4. Large base step 3
    This is a massive or medium scale base that requires several stacks of materials. Try to avoid using different materials; this creates weak spots and strong spots. Cobble may not be a wise choice for walls, instead use crafting tables, anvils, wood logs, obsidian, or anything that is durable. Make it thick-skinned just because your land is claimed does not mean they can't launch Tnt at it. Also, make sure it has a good floor and ceiling, as these are vulnerable places. A garden should be inside, as well as mobs to breed and kill for food. And a mine nearby, away from the base would be a good idea for furthering your base.
    5. Sky bases
    Our last type of base. If you make this, set your home up in the base and get rid of the post. Put lava at the bottom and a bit of water to jump into from the sky. Pretty self-explanatory, if you can, make a garden because it'll help to get food. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES: Make a water slide or run off the edge to the ground, or make a ladder or stairs up to the base.

There you have it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Animalz

Animalz Member

I'll look to use this!

3. iISuperrIi

iISuperrIi Moderator / Hippie Staff Member

Nice guide :)

4. Besett

Besett Active Member

Nice guide
    Word of day: Garden

5. Sirrawth

Sirrawth Member

I like this guide, another idea that you might be good at for a tutorial is a wall guide.

6. Unknown_Death

Unknown_Death Active Member

l
    hmmmmmmm i thought u dont play facs but u seem smarter than @Wesly

(:

7. Wesly

Wesly Active Member

lol what do you mean, she plays survival and this is not survival. THIS IS FACTIONS!

8. sunwolfx

sunwolfx Active Member

I play factions, and I have a lot of experience because I used to be into tons of cracked servers with my first boyfriend, my sister and my brother, and we'd always manage to never get raided...
    And I know this is factions, I don't play survival.

9. Wesly

Wesly Active Member

bloody hell sorry love, do you even know what a cannon is?

10. Brezinoo

Brezinoo Member

lmao

11. ImNotHereAnymore

ImNotHereAnymore

Not everyone cannons in factions, some look for base exploits, use the tnt arrows, inside or even just gather and sell to slowly build up balance and faction worth (looking at tamba)

Don't HAVE to know how to cannon to play factions.

12. Wesly

Wesly Active Member

so all the shitters? ;)

13. ImNotHereAnymore

ImNotHereAnymore

So in your mind anyone who doesn't play the way you deem to be correct is shit, so very logical, everyone does what works for them, don't be an ass about it.

14. sunwolfx

sunwolfx Active Member

Asshole: As-hoe-le 1. Noun. The hole in your ass. 2. Noun. @Wesly
    You know why? Because shit comes out of an asshole and you speak "shit" fluently, Wesly

15. Wesly

Wesly Active Member

thanks for that love, does mean a lot <3

16. laurencebaojd

laurencebaojd Active Member

tbh this isn't a bad guide for beginners but this is definitely not something that you should follow if you're looking to build a good or mid tier base. I think it's a good guide for beginners and should maybe perhaps be re-named to suit that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sunwolfx

sunwolfx Active Member

This is not for beginners, this is a very basic guide. If you wanted an advanced guide I'd be handing you the key on how everyone builds their base, how to invade, etc. You want advanced? /cannon for some raiding tips, remember that obsidian has 8 strength against tnt, anvils have 5, and bases usually use sand, red sand, or gravel as the outermost wall in order to deter people blowing it up. Slabs are often used with obby to increase protection, and cobble generated walls via lava and water walls are popular. There, have some more detailed information, if you don't like it, WRITE YOUR OWN TUTORIAL.

18. Whiist

Whiist ✨Administrator✨ Staff Member

@Wesly Quit trying to 'shutdown' the thread, if you haven't got anything good to contribute, don't say it all all. Just because its not how you play doesn't make it the same for everyone else.

19. Unknown_Death

Unknown_Death Active Member

yeah its what pirates use (: