Bending Icebullets with bottles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shad7860, Oct 15, 2019.

?

Do you want this?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Don't know but I'll say yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

What is your suggestion?
    Icebullets should be usable with bottles and snow as a source

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because most of the other combos can also be used with bottles and snow
    (Like, maelstrom can't be used with bottles cuss it just isn't that kind of ability and ice wave is an extension of a different move that simply should not be doable with bottles.)

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that some people might not like it

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is that icebullets will be more useful, and more diverse since it'll be usable at many more places instead of only near a water source.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done using whatever method was used for stuff like watergimbal I'm pretty sure, and adding snow to the source list for it

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Icewave can't be used with bottles but can with snow, so it's quite similar with icebullets in that regard. Icebullets is a solid move but I think it just doesn't make sense that a move that is meant to be used in areas without water would require waterbubble to use - a move which is completely useless in the same areas that the combo would be useful it.

That aside, +1, why not. Maybe this will be enough of a buff to warrant running waterbubble in the middle of flat plains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

It would be cool if you don't have to use waterbubble in the combo, so you don't have to sacrifice a useless move to use the combo. Anyways +1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Could you specify a move that could be used as a replacement for water bubble in the combo? Because then I can add it to the main post

5. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

+1 as making underused moves used is always good
    But, if it also gets the waterbubble change it might require some nerfs, it works like a fully protected turret lol

6. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

You sure have a point ivar. Having to sacrifice a slot with something like that is a good way to keep it balanced

7. PandaBabyBear

PandaBabyBear Member

Not only that, WaterBubble being in the move sequence for IceBullet fuses well with the overall appearance and design of the combo.
    Honestly, other than that, I don't disagree with the idea of water bottles working with IceBullet.
    (+1)

8. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

Could also rework waterbubble to not be more or less useless on land somehow. If we don't go for the "change the combo" route, and instead opt for "rework waterbubble" route. Maybe if it isn't in contact with water it projects a bubble of water around you sort of like an AOE surge shield.

I know you said you had some brilliant move ideas shad, could add this to the pile

9. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

I'll keep that in the back of my head, but I'll think about it myself a bit as well. Because I'm not sure if such a thing would be too powerful or not.

If I end up putting that in I do want it to still be able to create a pocket of air underwater since that's it's main feature right now

10. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

11. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

12. Lxckii

Lxckii New Member

Shouldn’t this be used with ice, despite of it being called “ice” bullets? You can also phase change water then use it, that’s more reliable then trying to find ice

13. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

It can use water as a source too. Its concept is that water forms around you to then freeze so needing ice as source doesnt make sense

14. Lxckii

Lxckii New Member

Oh didn’t know. I thought ice bullets was only for ice, so then I agree, but you can use both ice and wbottles as sources