Bending IceWall

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timtamtatious, Feb 1, 2020.

?

Do you agree

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that either one IceWall is able to be up at once (when a new one is made, the last one is destroyed), or the cooldown is increased to 8 seconds and lasts 4 seconds less.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    Right now with IceWall's 4 second cooldown, you can have 3 IceWalls up at once, which is pretty ridiculous. You can position yourself between two walls to be completely encased in them (unless moves hit through the walls) and then the player can heal. Letting water only have 1 IceWall up at once will make the element less campy and make it harder to heal.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is water benders who rely on healing behind IceWalls will find bending more difficult.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is water will become less campy, and it will be harder for water benders to heal with out being exposed.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Code IceWall so when a new wall is made, the last one is destroyed
    Or increase cooldown to 8 seconds and reduce duration of walls by 4 seconds.

2. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

But what about the ice castles :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Knowlesyyy

Knowlesyyy Member

Ice wall is currently the most overused waterbending ability and for a reason it's stupid the range is crazy, can we make it also so that the range of it doesn't go downward as much so people stop with the ice trapping and then icewall for easy damage but +1 deffinitly needs nerfs

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Knowlesyyy

Knowlesyyy Member

Sad times, but it is op

5. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

I feel like icewalls damage side shouldnt even exist. Personally I feel like its supposed to be a defensive. So I guess I have my own suggestion: dont change anything about icewall cooldown or such, but remove its ability to deal damage

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Zaz

Zaz Member

+1, IceWall should be used to hide from certain moves not used to heal behind it. Or at least have 2 icewalls up, since you still have more sides to attack from, however 1 IceWall is still very good since it deals a bit of damage, however I must disagree with Shad because Icewall's break is supposed to deal damage from the shattering and it makes perfect sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Then make it so it melts or something so it makes sense again

8. Afrite

Afrite New Member

I think the cooldown should just be increased so that its a lot less work for devs and so that people can have more than one icewall up but not enough to completely wall down a fight.

9. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

Dude you can have 3 up at a time, that is ridiculous, just having 2 up makes you untouchable. I don't see much of a problem with the damage side of IceWall, right now water just tries to and is encouraged to camp you out and heal. You have to get close to a frozen opponent to deal damage with IceWall, which makes water a bit less campy and doing that comes with a bit of risk.

10. Jalstz

Jalstz Member

i ToTalLy agReE

11. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member