Survival Iron golems and iron farms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zakksu, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that we make iron golems produce iron again, but at the same time make it unsaleable

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    Not only is iron a useful tool, it also makes a pretty building material.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    People will probably flood /ah with iron at first.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    People will have enough iron to do the things they like with it, instead of hording it and trying to sell it for stupid high prices.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Re-configuring plugins already in place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. isolatedbear42

isolatedbear42 Well-Known Member

+1 i love the look of iron and im good at making iron farms and i was sad to find out that iron golem farms didn’t drop iron

3. Besett

Besett Active Member

That’s not the problem with iron farms, the main issue is that it is highly intensive for iron golems to die because of their high heath and burning process normally used to kill them, I don’t know anything about survival economy but I think lowering price of iron sell and make Golems spawn with 2 hp would fix the issues.

4. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

the reason ig's dropping iron was nerfed was cause when ig spawners were available, ppl just simply sat at grinders and afke'd and did nothing. When the servers reset last year, and ig spawners were removed, they still dropped stone with no real reason to do so. since ig's only spawn on average once every 6 minutes, afking on them doesn't make any serious amounts of cash. There is no down side to letting the vanilla functions of the came come back. it was not a problem before ig spawners were introduced. That was the only reason it was an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

I like to use iron in a lot of my builds. Its the only reason I want it lol

6. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

There's no legit reason not to have ig farms drop iron anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Bump.

8. Sirrawth

Sirrawth Well-Known Member

I mean I like the idea but it seems a bit game breaking even in single player to have an iron golem farm, let alone multiplayer with trading etc.

9. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Maybe a little. But its not like this is vanilla survival here. Have you seen some of the voter rewards lol

10. Sirrawth

But the rewards from voting have a very slim chance for being good and you are far more limited in the number that you can get per day. Moreover, only very few of the ultra keys from voting get items with good enchants or legendaries (not all of which are very good).

11. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Still, I will say it again. This isnt vanilla survival anyway. There are spawner shops, money, etc. A golem farm would not effect the server, if steps (such as making the iron itself worthless to the server shop) were taken.

12. Sirrawth

That's my point, with the iron golems people will be able to sell the iron, even if it goes down in price it will still be a lot of iron. Iron is also far more valuable than other auto-farmable items as well to start with so will be able to be sold to players for higher prices. Also, why should iron be made worthless because that would make a lot of things in the game a lot cheaper to make/buy.

13. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

It is true that people will still be able to sell it with /ah, that is not going to be much of a change, as you can only sell three items at a time and there is no guarantee that people will buy it right off the bat. Iron farms are a staple of most minecraft communities. And I am fairly sure that there will be free farms and such, so the value will be low for /ah anyway. It would be great for players like me, who use a lot of iron in builds. Most people wouldnt even use it for armor. Maybe doors or bars tho.

14. Sirrawth

You surely can't use it more in builds than you can get from mining? Also, why should it be an easy resource to gather (this is more my opinion of the game rather than the server) when it's a metal that makes such nice blocks. For example, stained clay is relatively hard to gather in bulk quantities to make an entire build out of it as is concrete but the end products look really good.

15. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

There is nothing hard about gathering stained clay or concrete. It is easy enough to get an inv full of both in 30 mins. Iron on the other hand, for a 5x5 wall you would need 25 blocks, or 225 ingots. Thats 3.5 stacks of iron ore that you have to find, mine, and smelt. a 5x5 area is not very big, and it would take at least an hour. Unless you get really lucky.

16. Code

Code Member

17. Sirrawth

Yea but a full inventory is not enough for any build of decent size. You also need to find the clay/terracotta and other mats for concrete. Why would you build with that many iron blocks? Mcmmo and furnace upgrades make it possible to get more iron from iron ore.

18. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Concrete is sand and gravel with dye. Sand and gravel are everywhere. And as for why, well iron is pretty and I like using it. No other reason. Nothing else looks like it. Mcmmo and upgrades still dont give enough to be significant.

Also, you cant really compare two full inv of stained clay in an hour (thats a full inv in 30 mins, Ive done it so it is possible) to 3.5 stacks of iron ingots, building wise. You pretty much made my point for me there. Even a full inv is not enough for a decent build.

19. Sirrawth

So is iron, there is more iron in pretty much most chunks than sand
    I didn't realise you were going to build with iron blocks, I thought it was about cauldrons (for details), bars, trapdoors, doors, rails etc. and just accents with blocks.

20. Zakksu

Zakksu Active Member

Lol there is def not more iron then sand in most chunks.

And yes, lots of people build with iron, its a nice block to use.