Bending Ka and water benders

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yojoo, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

What is your suggestion?
    That the /ka map is changed at some poing

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    Water alone is a very strong element, but when it's mixed with the map of ka, some fights are impossible. Ka contains a ring of water around the centre of the map, as well as lakes in each corner. This allows water benders to use waterspout and travel around the opponent, healing and changing the tides of the battle completely. I know not all respectable water benders do this, but in general, water benders just hide underwater for most of the time. As a firebender, it's impossible to fight a water bender that spout camps, goes underwater and heals, then comes back up with waterspout and just freezes you.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Public opinion

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    Water in ka will become more balanced

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Have multiple small lakes across the arena, so that water benders can easily waterflow to each one or spout, while not being completely overpowered.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. ThisIsOllie

ThisIsOllie Member

Very good idea which I think deserves my vote! +1

(btw love your signature :tearsofjoy-small:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. xScheermes

xScheermes New Member

+1 As a firebender, I know that it is very frustrating :( Totally agree with u!

4. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Super :(

5. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

“Air alone is a very strong element, but when it’s mixed with the map of ka, some fights are impossible. Ka contains a widely open air space perfect for airbenders to chase and kill whoever and whomever. This allows airbenders to use airblast and travel around the opponent, targeting and ultimately killing them instantly”

this is probably one of the worst and most uncreative stupid suggestions I have ever seen. Stop shitting on water because that is exactly what this “suggestion” is.

the way you describe water being “over powered” can be said the same way for air earth fire. Some people train for YEARS and are very good at water, just like air fire earth and chi. Learn how to play the game and get a grip, you should have seen the old korra arena map. Ur making this seem like a huge problem when in reality this “issue” of urs is completely biased and made up.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

You're saying that water benders don't use spout underwater, travel around their opponents, and heal?

7. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Uh yeah if there were blocks instead of air everyone would suffocate :O
    Air doesn't restrict movement or moves, water does. How tf did you come up with that analogy

8. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

If they do that theyre just bad. A good or even decent waterbender doesnt do that. I just consider waterbenders like those to be trolls and just don't pay them attention, I recommend you do the same

You missed the point what he was trying to say. With open air space, he means that its easy for airbenders to move around without obstacles (just like waterbenders in water), not that every airblock is replaced by.. idk, barriers.
    He described how air has a very similar 'problem' as water.

theyre easily able to escape, fly around you using blast, then hit you from the other side while you hardly get a chance to hit. Sound familiar?

I should probably add a -1 to the suggestion for clarification. I agree with shook on this.

Just because you fought a couple nooby waterbenders that rely on dirty old tricks, doesn't mean that all of them are that way.
    And even if they were, what would you want builders to do? Remove every water source in there? That would make water next to completely worthless.

9. Cybs

Cybs Member

So /ka's water area is based on the old /ka's water areas it was relatively the same just it was square and not circular. I do understand that it is annoying when a waterbender just dives and heals but if there were lakes around ka that means that you would have to make the map larger because these lakes would slightly interfere with the hole point of the middle. Plus if you want to fight a waterbender tell them to go to the corner lakes.

10. SoVeryViolin

SoVeryViolin Member

I think this whole issue could just be resolved with making the water less deep, 1-2 blocks would make it so waterbenders can't hide underwater forever and heal up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Now that something I can agree with. +1 to this

12. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

a possible alternative could also be to allow more moves to permeate water. Might be a tad unrealistic for something like a ball of fire to go through, but it would do wonders for balancing.

13. Pan_Muffinek

Pan_Muffinek Member

Yeah I just want to be able to throw a pebble into the water, that's all I'm asking for.

14. Yojoo

Yojoo Member

Definitely

15. Conrad

Conrad Member

+1 i earthbinder cri