Bending LightSpirit + Avatar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xelaura, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Should LightSpirit be added to Avatar?

This poll will close on Feb 12, 2019 at 5:43 PM.
  1. Yes! Add LightSpirit to Avatar!

30.0%
  2. No! Leave LightSpirit by itself!

50.0%
  3. Meh.

20.0%
  4. Hmm. Replace Chi with LightSpirit? (For ElementMaster Avatars)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that Avatars be able to use LightSpirit in addition to their other elements.
    But not DarkSpirit.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    While DarkSpirit is probably fine by itself, LightSpirit is very incapable by itself and having the ability to use other elements would make LightSpirit Way more useful. LightSpirit itself would add very little to the combat-meta playstyle of avatar itself, but it would make it possible to play as a light spirit with actually useful moves from the other elements. Another reason is that it fits lore-wise, considering that in the Korra series the Avatar Was The Light Spirit.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    It is possible that in combination, some LightSpirit moves could combo with other element's moves to deadlier effect.
    However i'm currently unaware of a LightSpirit combo with other elements that would be in any way OP, in any case far less than a lot of the already existing ones with other elements.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    It would be possible to use LightSpirit without being very underpowered in a fight,
    And the lore aspect of this fits the show.

How can this suggestion be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by re-adding LightSpirit to the list of elements given by Avatar.

2. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

i dont think this will happen, plus avatar moves aka the purple ones seems like its already possible to use with

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  3. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

I don't want to have to use the purple moves with LightSpirit, moves like SpiritBeam are too OP for my taste, there's no fighting, you just SpiritBeam someone and they fall apart. Or with ElementSphere you can dodge and evade most things while gunning someone down from above. Link's nice though out of the purple abilities. But being able to use a second element, like water with LightSpirit would be extremely fun. While not changing much of the game.

4. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

yeaaaa uh no way. if anything add all of spirit into element master so it has something for a buy factor. MA it should not be compatible with avatar. that will just lead to many unfair combos (like 50 we dont need another 30) -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

How about replacing EM Avatar's Chi with LightSpirit? That would make the most sense, Chi is far more powerful and has more combo potential with Avatar than LightSpirit, I've heard plenty of complaints about Avatar's using Chi. And it would make far more lore sense, Avatar's never shown using ChiBlocking, but are the main LightSpirit. As for 'unfair combos' with LightSpirit? Please elaborate. I've thought about all 7 abilities of LightSpirit, and... There ain't going to be anything that Avatar's can't already do with the 4 elements and to greater effect realistically. Yet it'd be fun using LightSpirit.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  6. Elec

Elec Well-Known Member

-1 im sorry but would be pretty op

and if you want to replace chi with it, well, im pretty used to using it soo would be really hard for me and probably others :I

7. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

Stop trying to break the server - nuff said

8. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

After using spirit I agree

9. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

Rejuvenate < Link
    Alleviate < HealingWaters or Rekindle
    Orb < Almost any attack in the game
    Shelter < Uhh... This just deals a little fall damage and repels. Basically means nothing in a fight against an element. ChiBlockers would have to watchout for Shelter though.
    Possess < BloodPuppet or Paralyze. Also less then most attacks in terms of damage.
    Agility < AirBlast or AirBreath
    Vanish < ShadowSuit
    ('<' as in less powerful than.)

All of LightSpirit abilities are super easy to counter aswell. Most of LightSpirit is just dodging and healing. Which gives you more time to prepare a larger attack then them. Orb has a longer cooldown then most attacks and is also practically like melee range almost. So you can just outrange Orb, or just deal more damage than it atleast. As for Possess you can deal more damage to them while they're possessing you then they can deal to you.

Phase is the only lightspirit ability I see as having a chance at adding to avatar's power, it's something they couldn't do before. Which is fly through walls and become untouchable for a few seconds. Still, while they're doing this they can't do anything else, so they're pausing a fight at most, and if they do it for too long their opponent can heal or prepare for the next encounter, and the spirit's at a disadvantage. Not to mention it takes the binding of two useless abilities for this one. Overall if an avatar bound Any LightSpirit abilities, they'd be disadvantaging themself. By adding LightSpirit to Avatar, it'd it'd be a nerf if they choose to use LightSpirit.
    Also recently found out Phase can't be cast after being hit for a while, so Phase really can't be used in combat. It also can't be used when low on hunger it seems.

If you think LightSpirit is powerful. You haven't tried it.
    Most people on the Trident server say DarkSpirit is underpowered, and some of DarkSpirit's abilities have twice the potency of LightSpirit's.
    (DarkSpirits have to resort to trying to punch people to death in a fight. LightSpirits are rarely seen pacifists.)
    You could buff LightSpirit but I was hoping to nerf avatars instead. In a way that gives them More fun abilities to use, however they're less powerful then using other abilities. If an Avatar chooses to use a LightSpirit ability they are nerfing themselves, that slot on their hotbar could be used for something more powerful.

If any of you have any point as to how LightSpirit could win a fight. Or how it would be a problem with Avatars. You could start by explaining it in a way that addresses what i've already tried to make clear multiple times. It's evident on the Trident server that LightSpirit is very underpowered.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  10. Emperor

Emperor Member

tl;dr
    stop comparing spirits along with avatars and their myriad of abilities because theyre not the same thing
    and also GOD FORBID lightspirits have little to none damaging abilities. ya ever wonder why theyre called LIGHT spirits? -1 lmao

11. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

Yea, LightSpirits have healing auras and decent mobility, making them great supportive class kinda thing, but in bending which is pretty much a FFA style server, LightSpirit by itself is going to be pretty useless and forgotten. My suggestion is that avatar's be able to use LightSpirit to make a useful outlet for LightSpirit's abilities. And like I mentioned earlier, you don't have to worry about it making avatar's more powerful, because they already have abilities more powerful then LightSpirit's.

If I understand correctly though, i've heard PhanaticD's already planned to make this it's own purchasable rank or something like that. So I guess this matter's closed.

12. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

what do you think of:

chi will no longer be able to be added in to avatar even if you have purchased both element master and avatar. this might upset some people but maybe is necessary and a reset would be the only good time to do it

spirit will be able to be added in, but only if you have purchased spirit, element master, and avatar

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

Sounds great to me.

14. Faurash

Faurash Member

Sounds good to me too

15. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Wait spirit is gonna be a payed thing...?

16. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

I think thats perfect.