Bending Make fireblast set people on fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Faurash, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Faurash

Faurash Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that fireblast get a small firetick, enough for maybe 2 or 3 hits of fire damage.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because fire now has almost no moves to set people on fire, which i always enjoyed, also it kinda needs a buff with the low range and limited usability as it is. Also it just makes sense for it to do that since it sets the ground on fire as well.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that some people might complain? But they always do, and fire does need a bit of a buff compared to things like chi and air atm.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is it's a needed buff, and also a cool addition to fireblast.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by making a small addition to the fireblast code to make it set people on fire for a brief time, similar to how fireshots had before that was removed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

+1 i always thought this should be added, it sets fire if aimed at the floor, and as far as i know stone is less flamable than people...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

-1 in any normal config its the charged fireblast that sets people on fire not the normal one, besides the moves i believe should have fireticks set is wall of fire fireshield charged fireblast and combustion jetblaze immolate fire uppercut firejab fire serpent fire manipulation fire comet all have fire ticks i dont see what the issue is.

4. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

If you aim it at the ground it sets fire so wouldnt this make sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

do you see people burning in the show?

6. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

and also i listed 12 moves that give fireticks thats like half of fires moves its not barely any moves deal ticks its just you dont use any moves that do

7. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Do you see people getting ripped apart from the inside with Bloodbending?
    No, but we can do it bcz that’s how it would work. This is a kids show so they aint gonna show people getting burned alive.

Also, Why is it a problem that this one burns when there are 12 other moves that do it too

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

to add to my +1, I think that the would make it a better move of it’s own instead of being used for combo’s mostly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

theres already more than enough burn moves i made sure fire ticks was removed from moves like fireblast and fireshots because thats all people do now, now its firejab which i had nerfed very recently. im trying to make this config more fair i hope you realize

10. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

I know that, and I respect that. But fireblast is supposed to be the ‘main’ move of the element, wouldn’t it make more sense to have it set people on fire, so that it would function more like an actual attack instead of just the use for combo’s?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Faurash

Faurash Member

Not to mention that most of the moves you listed don't actually set people on fire, or at least not long enough to do any burning damage.

• Agree Agree x 1