Bending ManipContinuum - Waterbending Combo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OitzaZ, Mar 17, 2019.

1. OitzaZ

OitzaZ New Member

What is your suggestion?

I suggest that we are making a new water combo, that will help waterbenders deal more damage and balance out that WaterManipulation got nerfed from 1 heart to 0.5, even though it's spammable. It should be called ManipContinuum and have a 2/3 seconds cooldown. The second watermanipulation can not break spouts and it deals 1 heart, also it can break abilities like normal watermanipulation. (auto resource)

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    I feel like, against air, water is a bit weak because Air has the space-advantage and mobility, whereas water can only stay in ponds and use limited sources, whereas air can move everywhere. If we make a move that will benefit the waterbender against air there is a bigger
    balancing between those 2, also, watermanipulation is used as a spout-breaker only (most of the times) so if we add a combo to it, it can deal damage AND break spouts. I feel like this is needed because torrent's speed is a bit slow against air and gives enough time for other elements to move around a bit, dodging it easily.
    While WaterGimbals and WaterArms are on cooldown, waterbenders could use this as a combo too, dealing more damage and not depending on those cooldowns (WaterGimbals and WaterArms) to come back up. If WaterManipulation hit someone, the ManipContinuum travels 35% faster and slowing the enemy for 3 seconds with Slowness II.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    Some elements might struggle to dodge the second watermanipulation coming at them, but in time they can practice doing that. Other than that, I don't see a bad thing.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    Water gets more abilities to deal damage and more interesting combos, not depending on the same combo everytime or the same cycle of abilties.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    Reece has agreed to make the config, if this is agreed to be added. The combo will be: WaterManipulation tap shift > OctopusForm Left Click > Left Click.

I was unsure of how to do this because I didn't notice the idea on the Project Korra's forum so I don't really know if I am supposed to suggest this there, but hope it will be added on Phan.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OppressedMemer

OppressedMemer Active Member

I personally don't like the move idea however I don't mind coding it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lamar

Lamar Member

I think that's a good idea.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

It would be really cool to see this, hope it goes well!

5. ExplOverheat

ExplOverheat Member

Water already has a favourable matchup against air though? I mean it's a neat move idea and new moves are always welcome, but your reasoning for including it should just be "new moves are good, more variety"

I don't see any negatives to adding this though, not too sure it's necessary but there's no harm either way

6. RaptorKillz

RaptorKillz New Member

7. OitzaZ

OitzaZ New Member

I think it would be great to be honest

8. OitzaZ

OitzaZ New Member

Let's not let the post die since so many people kinda want it to be added

9. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Just bump it. Every 7 days

10. qraq

qraq New Member

+1 love it!

11. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

you can bump it all you want but it wont be considered if there isnt even anything to actually add.

Im definitely not going to code it, this move doesnt sound appealing at all to me personally

12. OitzaZ

OitzaZ New Member

U don't have to code it, you just have to agree if it'll be added or not :-? I was 1v1ing an air bender today (Erkan) and I couldn't attack him with torrent/waterarms because he was so fast.

13. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

Well Erkan is a skilled airbenders and your a slightly above average waterbenders. Plus you could have just froze him. Water actually is quite powerful against air.

14. OitzaZ

OitzaZ New Member

o.o I couldn't hit him, at all, not in range but he could hit me.