Bending Metal Cables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timtamtatious, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious New Member

Metal cables was buffed early in 1.13 where it had 1 heart dmg instead of 0.5. This was insanely op.
    Also cable grab was nerfed so it disabled when the entity got close to you. I think this was a good change.
    But now cables has 4 slam shots instead of 9, range and hitbox on grab and slam has been nerfed into the ground. You have to hit player in the middle of the chest and the range is so short, range was what made cables so good, its now better to use earth blast at its horrible range. Metal cables now worse than before the dmg buff.

I think metal cables will barely be used anymore with this nerf so I have two suggestions for it.
    1.Metal cables hit box and range is reverted to how it was. Slam has 1 use again (9 shots) and 0.5 dmg. Grab keeps its change. I saw slam as move you can poke the enemy at long range, but the 0.5 heart dmg was very insignificant (you have to wait half a second in between shots for it to hit). I think slam should either do more knockback when it hits the enemy, or it hitstuns them (blocks off bending and slowness for half a second).

2.Metal cables grapple is a movement ability in its self with no cooldown.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OppressedMemer

OppressedMemer Active Member

I'd rather not have to chase people down when they have infinite metalcables.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious New Member

The buff will not change grapple. You can still run away just as good

4. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

-1 metal cables slam spam made earthbenders reliant on the move and that made them annoying and bad at earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious New Member

Welp most people hated metal cables. I guess it is just gonna be dead now. It can just be a movement ability though..