Bending Metalcables Drowning

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ExplOverheat, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ExplOverheat

ExplOverheat Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that the ability to use metalcables to permanently hold someone underwater until they drown be removed, either from tweaking the ability or putting a duration on the time a player may held by cables.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because being picked up by an avatar on an elytra as you're walking out of spawn only to be forced underwater until you die or they get bored is highly uninteractive and is one of many exploits of the move that gives it a negative perception by the majority of the playerbase (alongside its buggy nature).

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The negative aspects of this suggestion is that fixing or implementing a change will take time for something that isn't gamebreaking or as tedious as many other exploited moves.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The positive aspects of this suggestion are that by fixing an annoying and frustrating aspect of an otherwise fun move, it will hopefully fix the other countless ways this move can be exploited (such as forcing players into lava) to deter new and existing players from an otherwise fun gamemode.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can possibly be achieved by putting a limited duration on the amount of time a player can be grabbed and held by with metalcables.

2. BasicSalty

BasicSalty New Member

You can just relog and the cables go away

3. Xx_Rooster_xX

Xx_Rooster_xX New Member

I am one of the people that do this and i know very few others players that do it. I know of 2 people the do it and we do it for the lols, It dose not show that you died to someone with metal cables and if you can die a lot quicker/slower with other strats.

4. NoHearts

NoHearts New Member

They'll most likely wait for you, they're not dumb either >.>…….

Nothing to do with the post, The guys point is giving MetalCables [Drag] a duration on the amount of time a player can be grabbed

+1, This ability is used for trolling, and often annoying, you can't bend, can't escape, nothing, Just sit and watch how you slowly get drowned or melted in lava.

5. HRJDragon

HRJDragon New Member

-1 im sorry but pretty sure the earthbender would drown too
    "i am confusion"

6. Shookified

Shookified Member

+1 agreed

7. Woxe

Woxe Active Member

I've suffered a lot from this in the past. I say cut it and burn it . +1
    And yeah you can always relog but why would i have to in the first place, so annoying...

8. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Water breathing potion

• Funny Funny x 2