Survival Mystic Mobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheBoyKyreal, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Should the "Mystic Mobs" be removed

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. TheBoyKyreal

TheBoyKyreal New Member

On behalf of most of the Survival Community I believe we should remove the "Mystic Mobs" add on. The mobs make the game much more difficult and glitchy. These mobs can also make the game much more difficult on newer players. Other players and I have agreed that with these mobs being enabled has created a negative effect on Survival. I have also noticed that there has been an increase lag spikes since the mobs have been re-enabled. On top of all this, they have also ruined all exp farms, and grinders.I hope this add on can be altered in some way. Thank you for reading- Kyreal

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. liamRP

liamRP New Member

I actually think of the Mystic Mobs, just like SlimeFun and ItemsAdder, as another way to make survival new and add new features old players would love to master. Understanding new mobs and what their strengths are could be a cool way to introduce change to new players, rather than just adding SlimeFun and more swords, tools, armor, etc. I love the cool addition and it spices up the survival experience. However, I do understand how the difficulty affects players that are below the God Rank, and I believe certain mobs should be nerfed to make it easier on the entire survival community. And maybe finding a way to add experience and cool items these new mobs drop would be cool as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheBoyKyreal

TheBoyKyreal New Member

I completely agree on the idea of nerfing some of the mobs, I think that could rebalance the gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

mythic not mystic

5. TheBoyKyreal

TheBoyKyreal New Member

Sorry, my bad. But what do you think of the suggestion?

6. Kawaii_Potatos

Kawaii_Potatos New Member

Honestly I agree, they should be removed, they're too op :( some bypass the fact you're in vanish, they kill you with one hit if you're not wearing good armor or any at all which is a problem for those many players without a rank or low rank players that are just starting, they have no real purpose and survival is set to normal, mythic mobs just don't seem to fit, so if you can't nerf them or make them useful I say remove em uwu

• Like Like x 1
  7. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Admin Staff Member

I personally do not think that they should be completely removed, just nerfed. They are in my opinion too OP for players especially new ones, I have already died personally to many of them. Mobs like the pirate evoker spawn other mobs that fly through walls and crap and kill me :/. I think the amount of those that are spawned needs to be decreased because before I think there were many that were being spawned and I had like 15 of them after me. I do like the new mobs, just I think they are too OP for many people. I also think a big thing is the spawn rates too. I think they need to be lowered and not spawn as many of the custom mobs especially since they are so OP

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PhanaticD

ive disabled mythicmobs spawning from spawners, they will still replace some natural spawned mobs tho

let me know if its still a issue after this

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheBoyKyreal

TheBoyKyreal New Member

Will do, thank you

10. Kawaii_Potatos

at this point can we at least be able to not ya know die while in vanish ouo

11. PhanaticD

you actually arent even supposed to be invisible to mobs

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CreativeKarma

CreativeKarma New Member

I think they either need to be nerfed or removed. Speaking as one of the members who doesn't have rank and decent armor, I was very surprised and upset when this came into action. I was simply building on my land wearing some slime boots to keep me from dying when I inevitably fall. I did and one happened to be there and killed me in two hits. It took friends coming to keep me from dying multiple times. I don't mind refreshing survival with things but this is a little too much.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. PhanaticD

Well it's not exactly hard to get armor

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kawaii_Potatos

wait relaxxxx let's be civil and keep this ya know uhh feature in survival i like being able to afk out in the open while in vanish without dying :DD

15. Mintoshi

Mintoshi Member

I for one love this plugin. It both adds a sense of wonder and danger to the once simple and innocent survival world. Let’s be honest. It was boring before custom mobs when we just had regular mobs. These custom mobs while harder to kill, aren’t impossible to beat. It also gives more challenges to survival making people challenged even if they have op armor. I do think certain custom mobs could be nerfed a tiny bit just so if new player were to come by them they don’t get absolutely destroyed. Also, if people are wondering what you can do to be stronger against the mobs, take advantage of the /ce and /sf plugin. They both give really good armor enchants/armor and can really be useful against custom mobs. Saying custom mobs should just be removed because of a few minor issues that include lag and dying to them can easily be fixed and does not warrant a full removal of custom mobs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  16. 0pium__

0pium__ New Member

I'd only like this plugin if the custom mobs dropped worthwhile items. Stack of diamonds for the dragons or for the orcs maybe some emeralds or something. Otherwise, they are just an annoying pointless feature.

I can see how they might add some excitement for players who don't have decked out gear and are looking for a challenge, but personally I don't play to have intense battles with difficult mobs... If I wanted that I'd go to mob arena.

Hence why, in closing with my opinion, maybe update mob arena, make it so that these mobs can be found solely there. ^.^ Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PhanaticD

I figured people would enjoy the challenge and to be able to actually use their OP armor and weapons but since there seems to be a good amount of not liking them I have turned them back off from spawning in the world for now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Kawaii_Potatos

YESS

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

slimefun and ia allows players to get op armor and gear quickly, compared to vanilla. also voting and using ultra and if lucky enough, leg keys to get geared up for these mob bosses.