Bending Nerf Earth-ring - Lavathrow - Nerf/Remove Metalclips?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rakion, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..

We nerf earthring and lavathrow

Nerf metalclips by making so if u hit the person metalclipping you it gets removed like element trap if NOT POSSIBLE THEN.....

Remove metalclips
    - This is a gamble, ik we shouldn't simply remove moves but give them alternatives to become better. But after me being spammed to suggest a removal of this move, and most of the playerbase absolutely HATING this move, I tried thinking of alternatives (beside the punching one) and couldn't think of any, its a nuisance it's annoying and no one likes it.

**IF NOT BEING ABLE TO CANCEL THE CLIPPING BY PUNCHING THE ONE DOING IT TO U, REMOVE IT!**

Doesnt need to be removed as i said it's a gamble ^

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..currently these 2 moves are frowned upon for being unbalanced and dealing too much dmg, and or spammable. By nerfing the cooldown and or dmg it can make earth more balanced.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is..people who use these moves might get salty that they cant deal 6 hearts of dmg lmao. People who use metalclips by not be happy, but either way they're being targetted for using them

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is..makes earth balanced, decides the fate of the so/not so controversial metalclips

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Earthring
    Current state:
    Deflection: 1.5 hearts - Can be deflected up to 3-4 times. But it's rare usually it's only 2
    Thrown: 2 hearts - Can be stacked by deflection// Meaning can hit 1-2 times by deflection and then thrown dealing approx 3.5-4 hearts
    CD: 3 seconds

Change it to:
    Deflection: 1 heart
    Thrown: 2 hearts
    CD: 4.5 seconds
    REDUCE HIT BOX! So it can't hit people through walls
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lavathrow
    Current state: 2 hearts per throw. Can hit enemies up to 3 times - 10 CD - Can be thrown 6 times
    Change it to: 1.5 heart per throw. 9 CD - Can be thrown 5 times

Why 1,5 hearts? Cause if you hit them 2 times which is likely, you deal 2 hearts which is good enough dmg, if you hit them 3 times that's 3 hearts, which is plenty aswell.

Metalclips
    Alternative IF possible:
    Make it so if you can punch the one metalclipping you, it gets removed, and so you can only throw 6 pieces of iron, and if used/not landing the clips make it go on a 12 second cooldown

If not possible

Simply remove it no one likes it either way, and when I mean no one. I mean NO ONE. Not just a couple of people, those who use it, use it to troll

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. RedstonerQuinn

RedstonerQuinn Active Member

I like metalclips, but yeah it definitely needs some changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

It definitely does, if nothing can be changed positively of the move, we gotta let it go

4. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

how is it any worse then being blood bent

5. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Relating to metalclips,

U can escape bloodbending
    U can't do other moves while bloodbending
    Bloodbending can be countered by having bloodbending in ones set
    U need to pay for bloodbending so it's less acessable for others

Metalclips is like a cheaper bloodbending, just that you can be fluxed/lavaflowed in it, u cant escape it, u can spam left click until u land the iron, and it's such a useless move in general, like u accomplish nothing metalclipping someone rather than annoying them

6. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

Dont forget what it can do against those that take falldamage. Put 3 bits on em. Lift em up and release them. Repeat until dead. Can "instakill" in theory. Ive encountered this painful way of dying too many times in the past. Its also something bloodbending cabt do. Cuss with bloodbending as soon as you let go they regain their bending and will likely counter the falldamage with any means the element has to offer

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Yeah and the other nerfs are kinda needed

8. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

Halving lava throw's damage and reducing max shots seems way to huge of a nerf, this will absolutely kill the move.
    Lava throw requires another move, which is mostly lavadisc and the lavadisc is used up the create the lava. Lava throw if used close will only shoot once and stop, only doing 2 hearts with the large 10 second cooldown of lavathrow. If you land a good series of shots on someone, 2 usually will hit and it will deal 4 hearts. 3 shots hitting is very rare and setting the opponent on fire almost never happens. Lava throw is also very predictable, you know your opponent will use it as soon as they create the lava. So using up 2 move slots to deal 4 hearts with a 10 second cooldown seems fine? Not to mention it doing 2 hearts if used very close.

Also I think earthring is fine. Earthring shoots randomly off centre, so you have to adapt to this and recenter it very quickly if used close. When shooting the earthring, you have keep holding shift for it to continue traveling. This makes it so when the earthring is shot, you can't do anything while it is moving or it disappears. Earthblast with the huge buff in dps and speed is just better than earthring now, maybe except versing air.

Many may disagree with me, but I think earthsmash needs something to be done about it. Before with earthsmash you could just hide behind a wall and shoot the earthsmash over the wall while your opponent can't do anything, but try to dodge it. This could only be done close range, but earthsmash got a ridiculous buff in range, so now you can do this far away. Abusing earthsmash like this just eliminates one of earth's main weaknesses which was being able to be camped out and the range buff made this strategy even more broken.
    Definitely agree with removing metal clips.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. SoVeryViolin

SoVeryViolin Member

Just increase the cooldown on ring tbh

10. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

A. Whats ur ign.
    B. E-smash is fine
    C. Whats ur solution to lavathrows high dmg. Maybe make it do 1.5 hearts instead of 2 per throw. 2 hearts is already plently of dmg, even more 4 hearts. 90% of situations, 2 shots land if it doesnt stop at 1, and if you don't miss.
    D. Earthring by many is op and cheap due to its high dmg output and multi-usage contributing the dmg output

Ur argument is an argument I've NEVER seen anyone do, which i highly disagree with and i can get many other earth mains that disagree, you're in the minority definitely with these.

11. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Decrease hitbox
    Increase CD
    Make deflecting deal 1 heart

My say actually ^

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Suggestion changes:

Keep Earthring thrown dmg the same, but deflection make it do 1 heart only. Rest is the same

Lavathrow 1.5 hearts per throw. Everything else the same.

13. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

I am the one true earth god, that is all you need to know. You call earthring cheap in its damage output, when I compare to it to how low the dps is compared to earthblast and its just worse. I guess just increasing the cooldown a little bit is fine. I don't know why you think the spin damage is so good, you would only ever hit spin damage by accident, you should never be close to earthbenders anyway. Just leave lavathrow alone :/, its rarely used and you say 2 hearts is plenty damage? Sacrificing two slots to deal 2 hearts with a 10 second cooldown doesn't seem plenty. Again lavathrow is very predictable, once you see that lavadisc, you have quiet a bit of time to react. This is why lavathrow is so bad in earth 1v1's cause you can raiseearth block lavathrows so easily. If E-smash is fine, then explain how you play against an earthbender who hides behind a wall and spams earthsmash, where this strategy can be done at super long range now. I guess you can't really hate on earthsmash since it is an earth og move and addons are op and cheap no matter what apparently.

14. Shad7860

Shad7860 Member

I stopped reading when you said "I am the one true earth god"

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Timtamtatious

Timtamtatious Member

I have the largest peen and my forehead is as powerful and stronk as megamind's of course I am the one true earth god!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

I cbb to read that garbage if you call yourself an earth god your perspective on this seems extremely bias.

You sound like someone who uses throw 24/7 and doesn’t want it to be nerfed

17. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

If you’re not gonna take this seriously and not look at this in a neutral standpoint please get out of my thread.

Also if you read the suggestion that’s why I said to balance the dmg nerf with a 1-2 second reduction in its cooldown

18. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

just throwing this out there, it's legoracer9. This is sorta his persona/shtick, take his suggestions with a grain of salt. He does occasionally have good ideas such cool new earth moves, but balance-wise big no no. If he says a move is busted, it is most likely balanced. If he says something is balanced then it's most likely broken af. He gives super valid input if you just put his replies through that same filter.

19. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Yeah I figured it was him
    pretty lame shtick

20. Rakion

Rakion Active Member

Back on topic

Earthring is known for being spammable and dealing high dmg. Its damage and cd should be nerfed to give it a bit more balance

Lavathrow's dmg output is unbelivable, dealing 2 per throw smh.

Metalclips - well it's simply annoyingly shit ^_^