Bending No tools in spawn of bending

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by darky_bob, Dec 16, 2019.

1. darky_bob

darky_bob Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that..Holding tools in the spawn area of bending be prohibited

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because..The only use of tools in the spawn of bending is either to cause grief of the area that bending pvp takes place. or to clean up the griefers mess which wouldnt be a problem had they not been able to grief in the first place.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    To be fair, there's probably a reason the tools are there otherwise i would see no reason not to have had this implemented earlier, commenting the reason would be nice.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    allows spawn to stay somewhat clean and bendable in.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. holding a tool causes death , similar to mushrooms and armour.

2. darky_bob

darky_bob Member

seeing as new players are given tools as soon as they join, perhaps theres a way of not having tools in the pvp area rather than the spawn building? im not sure if thats possible, if not then i dont see why we cant get rid of the stone tools given as any minecrafter is capable of crafting stone tools with somewhat ease. seeing as how there are signs displaying the rtp command i dont see why this would be a problem either.

3. Apheri

Apheri Active Member

I've seen a lot of new players get tripped up as to why their abilities aren't working, to then discover after teleporting to them that they're holding tools. So I'd like maybe not starting players off with their hotbar full of tools, but banning them outright is a bit problematic.

I don't think we can just fully ban all tools, since then someone would just 'grief' by placing obsidian everywhere. If we ban all tools, we would have to do something about the ability to place blocks everywhere - which would make things get a little messy.

You could make an argument for removing the ability to place blocks at spawn, but I like the small structures and arenas people make occasionally to make the spawns a little more lively and unique every reset.

4. Ivaro

Ivaro Active Member

-1 pickaxes can be used to get out of ice, and sometimes you become stuck in something and need to mine yourself out of it. I know that all of this can be achieved through bending as well but in a combat situation this is quicker and more reliable. Just report those who’re ruining spawn.

5. Pyromaniac_

Pyromaniac_ New Member

-1 I use a lot of gadgets while fighting. If this were to happen, I won’t be cheap anymore ;-;

6. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

-1 for me
    i agree with Aph, the random buildings throw in a bit of newness to the arena and sometimes they look nice.

i don't see any reason to ban tools, if the only argument is to "keep spawn clean" , spawn resets so the builds don't even last. I like building random things, i know they don't last, so usually i don't make it big or with expensive blocks.

7. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

-1 tools are needed

8. Lubdan

Lubdan New Member

I disagree about tools, but can we please for the love of god make armor not work in spawn? This used to be a thing (I'm almost 100% sure of it..) but I see people wearing iron armor and it's obviously working (taking far more hits than normal to kill them) at spawn and it's insanely unfair.

9. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

for now you can use /report staff will beat em up

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Knowlesyyy

Knowlesyyy Member

I think that being able to build and use items in spawn is a bit of a USP compared to other bending servers and it makes it quite interesting, if we didn't have that, it would be the big sad :(

• Like Like x 1