Bending protect signs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rpd2643, Dec 1, 2018.

1. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that protect signs have a command that you can add a player as either a member or an owner to all signs in a 250 block radius.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because it makes adding people much easier instead of going to each sign individually and adding a player.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is it will take some time for you, the staff to implement this.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is faster adding and another useful feature on the server.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by adding the command in.

2. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

+1 it’s so annoying when you have a large base and you have to add someone to aaaall of your 15 radius signs
    Good idea

3. Poke

Poke Member

Positive
    - People will spend less time adding people into their claim

Negatives
    - What if you only want to specifically make an area available to the public, or to a friend
    - Allowing them to use your grinders chests, however not be able to open your personal belongings
    - It does not take much effort to move to the designated claim and add somebody

Redundant overall.

4. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Then we can use /ps remove <player> on that specific land?

5. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

first negative is something you can do its specifically for a lot of signs in a certain radius its annoying to add lets say someone to spawnergrinder because of the amount of signs doing a block radius sign add would be quite beneficial and how is it negative that less people add people its more efficient case it is quicker you are still adding the player either to owner or member.

6. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

I’m assuming if they did add this they would also add if you remove them from a protection it removes within the 250 radius.

But anyways it’s not that hard and doesn’t require that much work to manually add people to each sign, also a lot could go wrong with this, like if you add them they’ll get added everywhere near you and some people might not want that, maybe make it like a new command for people to choose if they want to do this.

No +1 or -1 yet wanna see where this goes :grin-small:

7. Poke

Poke Member

There could be a concept of having something similar to /f map in factions. However, it only marks out the signs you own, and you will be able to add people, etc, etc, etc. A problem with this is about the different signs at different layers at the same xz coordinates. This could be potentially solved by however innovative the plugin creators or how willing they are.

8. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

This can be solved very easily by not replacing /ps add, but just making it a separate command...
    And for your third negative point, there are people with enormous bases who have to repeat the command 10 times

9. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

im not suggesting removing ps add im suggesting new command along the linds of ps add .>.

10. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

A new command allowing players to be added to multiple protected areas? I'm down for that. +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

idk. this seems like a waste of time for phan, and the small handful of ppl it would benefit. i'd be willing to bet the number of people who have a 500x500 base or greater is less than 5, if bending is anything like the survival servers. if you really wanted, you could ask to have your protects merged so there'd be one block. Not to mention, how often would you really need to add players to your base, or remove them? is this a daily occurence? for hundreds of players? doubt it.

12. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

You used Spawngrinder as an example. Last time I seen that it was protected by prot15 signs. Upgrade them to prot50, place them every 101th block (100 blocks between signs) for perfect coverage
    1 prot50 covers 27+ prot15 signs in area .. just a thought

13. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

even then that is 5 by 5 by 8 thats a lot of signs to cover i could have the same issue with the amount of 50 protects

14. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

your post can be said to multiple features in bending, elytras addon moves just this once i suggest something new and its crapped on xD

15. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

What if you got other players claims near ya?
    Can't overlap with other claims

Oh heck. We should get /ps merge or somethin instead ;UU
    @rpd2643 go change ur suggestion to this (-‿-)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  16. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

???
    5 x 5 x 8 would cover an area 800 x 500 x 500 high with prot50 .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

correct

18. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

it would allow the add to be from any sign under YOUR ownership in that area maybe an add for the size of spawn if you have many signs

19. Beowu1f

Beowu1f Member

I think it would be easier to overlap your signs by one block. For example, placing 4 15 protection signs in a square formation not 30 blocks apart (the number of blocks that would make it evenly spaced) but by 29, you can have all 4 signs overlapped at one point, and all you need to do is go there and do the command instead of going to each individual signs. The method can be used more than once.
    Overall idea: Have your signs overlapping each other to make it easier to add people.

i can't give it a +1 or -1 cuz i'm conflicted. Sure the suggested command would make it easier for players with large bases, but like someone said before, in the whole server, maybe atmost 5 people would even use that command.

20. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

and you think people use metal clips? there are many useless features that everyone thought where good this would benefit 5 people at least

and beowulf was a garbage film