Bending re-add elytra to bending spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shookified, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you want to have elytra in bending war zone?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that elytra's are added back to bending spawn.

I think elytra's are a very important aspect of bending and really help with fighting and transportation and I really believe removing them form bending spawn is a bad idea. People say go to /ka for no avatar so why can't we also apply that logic to elytra's? there is no way to get an elytra at /ka.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?

We need this because they provided many important aspects to fighting and helped players in many ways with pvp, moving around, and speed.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?

The bad thing about this suggestion is people will complain and say elytra are unfair and let people run away. You can't just expect players to remain in place if they dont want to be in a fight.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?

The good thing about this suggestion is that players will be able to use elytra's for fighting, transportation and avoiding fights in spawn again.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by making elytra allowed on bending spawn war zone.

Might I also add that on the current argument about removing them from spawn NOT removing them is winning. https://phanaticmc.com/threads/elytras.37371/

Elytra's are a valued part of the bending economy as they are hard to get and hold a high place in bending. Coming from someone who uses an elytra for fighting and transportation, I find it very useful and convenient for me and I know others feel the same way.

Removing elytras from spawn will also negatively impact how often players vote as elytras were seen as a very “wanted” item.

please keeps ur thoughts and comments on this matter respectful.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. AbdullahM40

AbdullahM40 New Member

Sometime I don't even use it to fight I just fly around and heal people and try to do new tricks so I see this as unfair

3. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

what do you see as unfair? them being removed or being added?

4. Faurash

Faurash Member

-1 Let's not have this back

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

I removed it as I removed the other legend items from around spawn, because i see too many people ended up complaining. when i removed shroom/moxi i didnt think elytra would be necessary, but its become apparent to me over time that it is necessary

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Jawsome

Jawsome New Member

While I'm here, may I make a lengthy yet somewhat formal attempt at a rebuttal? ...Well, I'm doing it anyways! :D
    But in all seriousness, I'm actually behind Phan's decision to ultimately remove elytras from spawn. Elytras are incredibly fun to use; the extra mobility is a blast for any bending style, you can prevent fall damage, and you can do tons of tricks you regularly couldn't without. There just lies one problem; elytras are incredibly difficult to access, and it's not fair to those who cannot access it to try and compete with those who do. While some people can be easily dealt with on elytra, some people are all too good at being mobile with it, and can easily fly laps around people and leisurely dispose of them while the grounded person has no chance to properly hit them. While this is the point of the legendary item, it's very existence is a nuisance to those who cannot deal with or obtain an elytra. Now, with elytras removed from spawn, people must focus less on how to control their movements with an elytra and more on their bending. On top of this, the playing field is level for those players who couldn't previously obtain an elytra. Since avatar and emaster already exist, adding an almost necessary (in some case) item that is hard to obtain with a system entirely unrelated to bending just throws the whole game askew. Being able to just pay up for avatar and emaster make them hard to complain about, but with a very important yet unobtainable item, trying to get solid footing is very difficult.
    So all in all, I'd say removing elytras from spawn is an improvement for those who own elytras, and those who don't.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  7. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

Edit/New opinion:
    After playing bending without an elytra for some time now I've gotten used to it. So I no longer have much of an opinion either way on it's return. Although I never remember it being an actual problem when elytras Were around, people did complain about elytras when referring to issues like running or surprise attacks which are actually their own problem that removing elytras would not solve, but elytras in of themselves are obviously also not necessary for a bending environment at all, it's slightly more fair this way, but there Was a slight fun from bending with elytras for which there is currently no real replacement.

Old opinion:
    It's a Lot of fun being able to fly around with an elytra fueled by bending. And I try not to use an elytra in combat at all for fairness but I know some people do use elytra for unfair advantages in combat which is a downside however, mostly it's running, and the problem there is more a disagreement to fight then the presence of an elytra. Also if someone is running, healing, fighting and repeating, that's time you can use to heal more, or charge large attacks, giving you an advantage. As for people using elytra to do fly by attacks, I've very rarely seen this done, and less rarely done effectively. Obviously removing elytra is a bit more fair, but I think the fun of being able to use an elytra greatly eclipses that.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  8. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Now hold on phan. There was a suggestion with a poll voting whether or not to remove the elytra from spawn.
    Majority of the votes selected no so what the heck dawg?

9. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

agreed

10. PhanaticD

that poll had nothing to do with my decision, but seeing how there is so many that actually did vote to remove, re-affirms that it was for the best, as obviously the poll will be biased in this situation, because only long time dedicated players will have forum account and elytra most likely

I am aware this is a controversial change but please see my reasoning and intentions

11. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

Uh hey, i have an opinion: Is there a way to prevent flying/gliding while the players are in combat? like you did with certain commands and spawn accessibility? I think removing elytra was a 'can these people stop complaining, jeez' move. Mostly water benders rely on Elytra to negate fall damage due to air benders, blood benders, etc. Water just got a buff to using it on land, do we need to go back to square one?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SuperCookieHero

SuperCookieHero Member

+1 Keeping elytra inside spawn battle zone would be nice cause it makes an airbender feel like they are flying as if they were using a glider. I think they should make it that you stop flying after you get hit (Ex: I try running away from a fight but my opponent hits me with let’s say a fire shot then it disables the elytra and gives them a cool down to use) Idk if that’s even possible

13. PhanaticD

insulting me saying it was a knee-jerk reaction will get you no-where, I did think about it for a while as it has been an issue for a while

14. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

Also josh besides the constant complaining, were there any other MAJOR reasons? I know people still complained about elytra after shrooms and moxxis were yeeted, but it couldnt have been that bad. Could it?

15. PhanaticD

I could make elytras burn up and break from being caught on fire :grin:

16. SuperCookieHero

SuperCookieHero Member

Or you can make elytra have durability? So people will think wisely on using em and with 1.13 coming in there is a way to repair elytra :D Or like Blue said make elytra become disabled while in combat

17. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

hecc sorry. just pretty upset :(

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  18. PhanaticD

I am trying to keep the pvp 100% bending focused, that is why i ban armor, weapons, potions, etc. I kind of gave elytras a pass because they can be taken for air gliders, but its not really true

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

ahh ok. i get that.

20. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Why? Isn't that a thing on /KorraArena