Bending re-add elytra to bending spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shookified, Feb 11, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you want to have elytra in bending war zone?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

They are very hard to obtain as they only come from legendary keys as the end is all raided out, and even if the end was refilled with them there aren't enough to supply the whole server. this makes them worth something as many players spend a lot of time trying to obtain one specifically for the purpose of using them at spawn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Heroic2839

Heroic2839 New Member

Hmm why dont everyone just do everything natural like this.

How to prevent fall damage?
    Fire :
    Firejet, jetblast, jetblaze
    Water : Surge
    Air : Doesnt have fall damage at all
    Chi : Just buy some enderpearls and throw it to the ground (If that dont work just avoid being thrown to the sky)
    Earth : Avoid falling onto leaves. But if you are gonna fall to them just use metalcable

O welp if you dont like natural idk what to say.... good luck
    Theres no need to argue is there?

Ok thats all i had to say, nothing else really

3. Shookified

Shookified Active Member

flight has a cool down of 1 minute which is too long of a cool down for most cases. elytra's provide a valuable impact on transportation and protection.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Faurash

Faurash Member

Firejet does let you glide, and the only reason for wanting to bend is to attack people while flying, which is something we don't want

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

(Alright time to type) first off elytra aren’t part of bending I don’t see them in pk just like iron armor it is very unfair many players using elytra abuse it and that’s the 14 who want it in. You can’t say it’s a valued part of the economy when there really is no more economy all the shops are open and the update is soon. Some players run with elytra and some have the most unfair tactics with them. Oh and most elytra uses are avatar/element master as well so they have access to flight to run. It’s the combat aspect of the elytra you want and it is highly abused. It should not dictate the flow of a fight. This is bending not flight club. In my many years of bending this server still has the most unfair player gap out of any server almost any of my forum posts are to fix that and I know it’s changed by what the people want but you should take into account the new players. I don’t think it is far to fly combustion jab fly and repeat. Most elytra users do that or healing waters and rekindle. It’s not a fair aspect at all in this game if you say only runners use it that’s not true. You just want it so you don’t have to change your style by actually playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. UdonFromDaFuture

UdonFromDaFuture Member

Im so god damn happy that they removed Elytra's. It was so annoying to see benders who rely on items to win, especially the elytra. I mean, there is ka, but people use that more for 1v1. If all bending players were in ka, this wouldn't be a problem. I like how this is making bending pvp more skill based, as I see people who have skill but cant even have fair fights, since people need items.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xelaura

Xelaura Member

Flight has a cooldown And max duration of 1 minute, also it's far less fun because you can't fuel it with bending, the self propelling aspect of it is entirely boring.
    And plenty of ways to avoid fall damage with elements without an elytra.
    There's plenty of ways to run easily without an elytra.
    And the people I've seen who attack using an elytra either attack once a minute, or land in the attack.
    So I find elytra's hardly Really have an affect on PvP, but they're a lot of fun to fly around spawn with, and Flight does not replace it.

8. PhanaticD

PhanaticD Owner Staff Member

to me this just accentuates that its too op, as a minecraft item shouldnt be so much better than bending (as a sharp 5 sword would be(thats why the decision to remove))

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

We love you phan

10. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

Frost breath surge whip water arms all prevent fall damage

11. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

Iron armor is still accessible

12. PhanaticD

there is no easy way to do it without ruining metalclips, but it is possible, but not sure if its worth it since i have not seen iron armor be an issue either

13. rpd2643

rpd2643 Member

__samuel___ uses it all the time in state as well as refreshing his avatarstate

14. PhanaticD

that will be fixed with new server

15. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

its not even really about the fall damage. its about the gliding and boosting flight with abilities like airblast, catapult, high jump, surge, etc.

16. BluSaysMoo

BluSaysMoo Member

i agree with the pvp aspect of elytra removal, its unfair, but what about the people who just want to glide around in spawn? we exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MinatoZX

MinatoZX Member

As BluesaysMoo said, If u want to do a 100% bending pvp, then just disable elytra's glide when you get into a combat (As you did with some commands), idk if that would be hard to code, but don't remove elytra just because a few people use it to troll or because it's "too op" because they're not. (As i know, i can count with my fingers how many people use elytra to troll, and come on, they're easy to kill if u discover their strategy, they aren't that hard to kill... ex: metalcables him to a wall and they're dead, bad aim is not an excuse.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PhanaticD

There is no way to tell when "coming into combat" other than being near other ppl which is why the spawn region as that's where most ppl are

19. Ivaro

Ivaro Member

Then how do combat timers know that...? You can use that maybe..?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PhanaticD

That's due to being hit. There would be no way to tell ur bout to get swooped on and ganked out of nowhere