Bending removal of more legendaries.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheMinimalist, Jun 25, 2018.

?

remove other legendary items, e.g hotpants and elytra from spawn.

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheMinimalist

TheMinimalist Member

What made you post this suggestion?
    Elytra is a legendary item, that gives advantage to players that have it.
    -> Fire / waterbenders dont take falldamage
    -> Fire benders can fly infinitely
    -> Air benders can use airblast to have an 'infinite' flight effect
    -> players can use elytra to bombard other players through moves like torrent, combustion, airburst , lightning burst , fire burst , twister , spiritbeam and many more at high speeds .

Hot pants is another legendary item , when held in offhand / main hand sets a player on fire after punching them.
    ->fire damage from elements not meant to deal fire damage or certain moves not meant to deal fire damage.
    example: chiblocker punches with hot pants , paralyzes you and deals fire dps.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?

Ever since legendaries have been removed, legendaries like hot pants elytra has seen a surge in usage as well as armor. Players who worked to get an elytra may dislike having it removed as they see it as a 'fun' item . However lets not forget elytra does bring its fair share of advantages and chaos to spawn. hot pants users are less however they are present.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    -> less bombardments from the sky [unfair pvp advantage]
    -> water benders / fire benders meant to take fall damage finally take fall damage instead of negating it with elytra. [ unfair pvp advantage ]
    -> less 'running'
    -> less 'chaos'
    -> less 'lag' -> people flying by using lightningburst fireburst airburst combustions torrent release

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by.. (if this is a plugin suggestion, include a link to the plugin here)
    removing elytra from spawn the same way legendaries and diamond armor have

2. JoinMyClique

JoinMyClique New Member

+1 I strongly agree. If there is one thing I really hate it is people who use elytra and combustion spam.

3. Me0wed

Me0wed New Member

-1 I strongly disagree. Elytras are a key part of bending outside of the spawn area. At this point in bending, there is a tiny community that bothers to actually use bending for fighting. Elytras are useful for fast travel between areas without teleporting. I would like to suggest that elytras and hot pants only be disabled in the spawn area(like how diamond armour is).

4. DedosThreat

DedosThreat Member

+1 remove elytras, they just piss people off

5. Happybananna

Happybananna Member

-1 This could potentially piss people off because they can't really do a lot of the "mobility" combos (Besides the water wave thing) and could possibly lead to people leaving because there seems to be a trend where when someone has something that someone else doesn't they tend to complain a lot to the point where it gets removed and honestly its getting quite annoying

6. GrimmGhosts

GrimmGhosts Moderator Staff Member

-1 enough was taken away we don’t need everything to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kazeroni

Kazeroni Member

-1 I use elytra for mobility. Get away from annoying people who target, and get away from people who want a fight when I don't. If you take that away avatar will basically be the only option for fast mobility and not everyone can afford it

8. Shookified

Shookified Member

-1 no they aren't that OP, and whats the point of having them if you can't use them.

9. Shookified

Shookified Member

10. NoHearts

NoHearts New Member

-1, Elytra's are part of the mc community, and a part of the actual game, If a player is running from you, deal with it. Moxxi's and Shroom's have been removed, With that done, players have complained, And this is where "skilled" players start to pop, Lets not remove more items, That'll just make bending fair, which in many ways, is good, but it'll just be boring for those players who like to fly with the elytra around spawn, Or just have fun in particular places, it doesn't have to be spawn itself, Elytra's add a fun touch to the game, Removing it is just removing another item that players earn on their own, and lets not forget some players worked hard for them end city's, If you know what I mean, they also got legendary keys and got elytras, Removing them is just practically removing another perk

Hotpants

I've never seen a player using hotpants.. I'm either blind, or you're just complaining for something that isn't even used often..

Extra(Edit): Removing elytra's will definitely will make it harder to sell them, And they'll probably sell for like 10k, just like shrooms and moxxi, That are now useless..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Orsidian

Orsidian Member

-1 flying around spawn with an Elytra is a lot of fun and I don't want that removed.
    With the removal of shroom, hotpants are used less too so not much of a problem.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 2:50 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HRJDragon

HRJDragon New Member

-1 im sorry but how is an elytra from the End "legendary"

13. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

Legendary Loot Keys

14. Shookified

Shookified Member

15. Elec

Elec Well-Known Member

-1 sorry but people already paid for these and bought leg keys and/or paid in game money to get these items, besides, quarter of the server uses 1.8 so they dont have elytras, this reduces ppl using elytras which will reduce your problem. For hotpants, a flame punch shouldnt be that much of a problem, theres already a move called firepunch and noone complains, so should be fine:/