Remove /rep

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Happybananna, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happybananna

Happybananna Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that the /rep command should be removed from the server

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    I say this because many people will go and negatively rep somebody just because they don't like them or put complete lies which then make people either not trust you or get other people to negatively interact with you.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is that there is a positive rep which can encourage people and lift them up but mainly I see more bad then I see good

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is people won't be judged based off other people opinions and they would be judged by their actions

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by removing the plugin that was used to bring it in the server

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. TurtlesAreHot

TurtlesAreHot Well-Known Member

-1 I personally like the rep plugin that I believe legit made. The rep plugin is good and can show how other players feel about you. When people make false statements or lies, it just shows them being bad not you. Just because someone reps you bad doesn't mean you are a bad person. If someone is negatively interacting with you, you could also ignore them, and if it turns into disrespect or harassment you could just use /report or report on the forums with evidence.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  3. MrAsinine

MrAsinine Active Member

Sorry but I'm gonna have a slight rant on why this post isn't deserving of even the slightest bit of consideration.

Players use /rep to show other players if someone is trustworthy, kind, helpful or if they're rude, scammers and bad sports.

I believe that a lot of people also use the rep feature to give false reps due to the reasons you've stated however in case you didn't know staff can remove reps that violate the rules.
    Example: Excessive swearing and hate-speech.

While there are a few negative points to the rep feature, removing it would cause a lot more issues than keeping it would, here's why:
    You could be scammed, removing it would ensure that much.

You could be talking to a manipulative person and not know it.

The list goes on.

Personally I think you're making this post because you're salty over a few bad reps which you probably deserved but this is just my opinion.

Here let me offer you a soloution if you do get bad reps, go out of your way to mend any relationship's between you and the person giving you bad rep.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. essa_

essa_ Active Member

I think somebody's made a thread about this a few months ago but I can't find it so idk. I'll say the same thing here as I said there:
    I agree with MrAsinine's post above. I understand that salty people can give negative or hateful reps as revenge, but /rep isn't supposed to be something you can judge somebody by independently. If a negative rep says someone's a jerk, you can get to know them to see if that's actually true. If it says somebody's a scammer, that's a warning to you but it's your decision whether or not you want to heed to it. I've never had anybody spitefully give me a negative rep, but if somebody gives you a rep that hateful or inappropriate, you can always ask a staff member if it can be removed.

5. TonTon

TonTon Well-Known Member

6. GrimmGhosts

GrimmGhosts Well-Known Member

Suggested and denied, closing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.