SkyGrid reset suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shookified, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
?

good idea?

1. no.

5.3%
  2. Both!

84.2%
  3. only spawners

5.3%
  4. only ore blocks

5.3%
  1. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member

What is your suggestion?
    I suggest that for whenever the next sky grid reset is you make it possible to find spawners in the grid again, and full ore blocks aswell.

Why do we need this? or What made you post this suggestion?
    We need this because back on the old sky grid these were the best blocks to be found when scouting the grid, I think that adding this back to the grid map would really benefit players and make it worth it to go scouting the grid.

What are the possible negative aspects of your suggestion?
    The bad thing about this suggestion is nothing as long as the rarity of them is significantly low.

What are the positive aspects of your suggestion?
    The good thing about this suggestion is it would improve sky grids economy and make it fun and very rewarding if you happened to find on of these on the grid.

How can this suggestions be achieved on the server?
    This can be done by changing the type of blocks that can be found on the grid.

2. Lord_Of_Llamaz

Lord_Of_Llamaz Active Member

I wasnt here when that was a thing but i heard it was the good ol’ days. +1

3. Besett

Besett Active Member

-1 kit spawner is better

4. Panduuuu

Panduuuu Moderator Staff Member

+1 Wasn't here at that time but it sounds like a good way, like you said to push players and give them a motivation to go explore the grid.

5. tamba3

tamba3 Admin Staff Member

Not sure on this one
    I agree it was fun to find spawners in the grid, but it was also abused a lot.
    There was at least one case I definitely know about where a player purposely went out and destroyed every spawner they found so nobody else could get them and I was told there were others doing the same.
    The other issue was players with double jump would just raid the grid for spawners and again, lower rank players missed out.
    And now that there is /wild it would even be easier to cover the grid and farm those spawners.

6. BOOMER_1

BOOMER_1 Member

I agree with Shook. the top two complaints i hear over and over why players leave are currency and no spawners in the grid. There will always be players who play differently and do things that players don't like. We this on every server here, and every other server. It's no different breaking spawners than it was collecting diamond blocks, or any other material. that's what the grid is for. PLayers die with materials, same thing. That will never stop no matter what you do. the thing that made skygrid unique was having spawners in the grid. Otherwise it's just a hard survival mode.

I'd remove /wild for that reason as it really doesn't do anything positive, even for someone new or starting over. the grid is the grid regardless. block palettes hardly change, just the type of wood or flower.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wolvarine

Wolvarine Well-Known Member

truthfully, i'd love to see spawners back in the grid again, even with the lingering threat of possible trolls. maybe change the way spawners interacted with people-- you NEED a silk touch in order to actually break the block, or spawners just gradually respawn over time, or just make them much rarer so that if you did happen to find one you wouldn't want to waste it by just breaking it (which again, could go different directions given people who just like to troll, but it's a concept). the problem with this would be the difficulty in actually changing said properties, and if the spawners gradually respawned, people would likely camp the position they originally found a spawner (if they were to respawn in same position as mined in, if not, this problem could be dismissed easily), or spawners would just get too rare unless you had /kit spawner. (also, you could say that having spawners in the grid demeans the purpose of even buying /kit spawner, which might add to the thought of them being more rare).

regardless i'd love to see spawners back +1 <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shookified

Shookified Moderator Staff Member